Free NTL speed increases!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free NTL speed increases!

For those UK NTL customers on broadband, you can now get free upgrades to faster packages with just a couple of clicks and a modem reboot! I heard this was coming but I haven't seen it advertised unless you go digging on their website.

For the details go to www.ntlworld.com then Help, Upgrade your speed.

I was on 750/128 for £24.99/month. I am now on 2048/256 for the same price.

The only downside is a theoretical cap of 30GB/month, but I hear that is unlikely to be imposed.

Happy upgrading, surfers!
    FT.

Finally!

Telewest sorted me out with 2mb before Christmas - I'm suprised that NTL waited so long before jumping on the bandwagon.

Never a bad thing for people to get faster broadband though.

Uberlad
    -------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

I'm on 1.5MB at the moment anyway, this could be interesting.

Comment

Yes - 3Mb for the same price!

Let us know what your u/l speed goes to.
        FT.

Comment

competition between cable and ADSL seems to be paying off here too.. my cable subscription got upgraded from 2.5 down / 0.5 up to 4/1 recently at the same price ('bout 35 quid a month). They also removed any bandwidth caps (used to be 40 GB a month).

Comment

we are on 6.5 Mbps/900 kbps for the same price here in Canada :>
            MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
            AMD Athlon 64 3200
            1024 MB PC3200 RAM
            WD 160 GB HDD
            2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
            ATI 9500 64 Videocard
            Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
            Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
            Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

Originally posted by uberlad
              Finally!

Telewest sorted me out with 2mb before Christmas - I'm suprised that NTL waited so long before jumping on the bandwagon... Uberlad
              It was rumoured last year to be happening this quarter, and may have been available for a while, but NTL don't seem to be going out of their way to advertise it.

Incidentally, it seems that they may adopt ADSL2 later this year: They have always run spare copper with their coax, and this will be ideal. 95% of their customers are within 1000m of their 'exchanges' and could access 18-24Mbit! I think they will use this for HDTV, VOD and ~8Mbit internet.
              FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                Yes - 3Mb for the same price!

Let us know what your u/l speed goes to.
                Well download is now 3MB, upload is 300kbps, pretty much what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
                  Well download is now 3MB, upload is 300kbps, pretty much what it was.
                  Nice d/l. My u/l seems to only be doing ~185-195kbps, but I guess I can't grumble.
                  FT.

Comment

Are we even able to get a decent upload speed in the UK?

Edit: FT, do you have more then 1 PC connected to the Net through your cable modem. I ended up putting a second network card into my main rig so I can use both my network and the net at the same time, wasn't having it otherwise.
                    Last edited by dbdg; 29 March 2005, 15:09.

Comment

I got my free NTL upgrade about three weeks ago.
                      There hasn't really been any official announcement - you just went to a certain webpage (whilst using your NTL connection) clicked on the upgrade option and then let the Cable Modem reboot.

I started on 600k nearly a year ago, got a free upgrade to 750k and now another free one to 2MB.
                      It is unfortunate I'm moving to a non-NTL area in about three weeks.
                      So I'm going to have to take ADSL instead.
                      As far as ADSL goes I think it maybe *Shock/Horror* AOL's 2MB connection at £29 a month as it is complete unmetred - but we'll see.

NTL have been great for me over the past 12 months, I've had only one fifteen minute outage in all that time (that I know of).
                      It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
                      Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Working...
                      X