X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poster boys for the death penalty....

Hang 'em slow & high....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 March 2005, 11:51.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

If you are convicted of murder, you should be taken out and shot that day. Ordinary people don't get remotely as much consideration in the course of living honorable lives as these scumbags get. These people don't get executed until the government spends hundreds of thousands in court costs and they sit on death row for years while the appeals procedure happens. We could have spent this money sending a poor genius-level kid to college.. several of them, in fact. We could have spent this money saving several innocent people from cancer. We could have better spent this money on almost anything else.

Of course, if things are really in doubt, an appeal should be granted, but when cases are pretty much open-and-shut like this, it would save a lot of grief for everyone.
    Last edited by KvHagedorn; 21 March 2005, 13:31.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree. I understand that our justice system has to be weighted towards the benefit of the doubt, but when there isn't any more doubt...

The thing that cracks me up is that the first guy there is still being referred to as the "murder SUSPECT" in papers across the nation.

As though 50 eyewitnesses that saw you shoot a deputy and a judge and the woman you held hostage for hours aren't enough to render you more than just a "suspect".

---------------------------

And you're right about the "ordinary citizens aren't treated as well". You get a speeding ticket and they treat you with contempt when you show up in court. You kill someone? They bend over backwards accomodating you.

It's fu(king ridiculous.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
        And you're right about the "ordinary citizens aren't treated as well". You get a speeding ticket and they treat you with contempt when you show up in court. You kill someone? They bend over backwards accomodating you.

It's fu(king ridiculous.
        It is indeed.....definitely.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X