Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64-bit BOINC ??

Is there a 64-bit client for BOINC?
    I've got a 64-bit AMD chip and a copy of WinXP-64bit and I'd like to take advantage of the extra 32 bits
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Funnily enough I was wondering this myself as I've just downloaded WinXP-64 and the relevant drivers so was going to go ahead next week and take the plunge... no idea about BOINC though - do let me know if you find anything out!

Cheers

Gnep
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Since BOINC does not do the crunching itself, I cannot see there being any speed boost. Now if the projects supported it. . . . . . .

Comment

Perhaps recompiling the source might do the trick...
        But one has to wonder whether the workunits are prepared for this...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Someone have compiled 64-bit for linux, but haven't seen a BOINC-client for win64.

Not sure if there's a 64-bit seti-application compiled for any platform, but this should be possible to compile yourself...

For CPDN it really doesn't matter, since the actual science-application doing all the actual work will not be 64-bit before Oxford compiles it as 64-bit...

Comment

Working...
          X