Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB to PS/2 adapter: weird behaviour

Hello,

I noticed very weird behaviour with a USB -> PS/2 keyboard adapter. The packaging only lists a type number (UC 451N), which leads me to believe this is the adapter:

(but mine has a different colour, it was ordered along with a keyboard from the US).

The weird thing is: everything works as it should, apart from the key (on international layouts) that holds the < (normal), > (shift) and \ (right alt). I know that that key is not present on qwerty layouts, but the fact that this doesn't work isn't anywhere in the specs of the adapter.

I guess chances are that any USB->PS/2 adapter bought here in Belgium won't show this weird behaviour, but consider this a word of a warning (and a possible begin to start troubleshooting) if you plan to use a USB->PS/2 adapter.

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

have you tried with another keyboard?

Comment

Yep, I got it together with a new keyboard (and mailed a lot back and forth with their technical support), until I figured I could try the keyboard on the PS/2 directly: problem solved. And on my other keyboard connected via this adapter to USB, the <>\ key also doesn't work.

So it must be the adapter.

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Anyone has seen this?

Or are there adapters that might not show this weird behaviour (I'm looking at the iogear model).

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Working...
        X