I Think I am a Sucker For Punishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think I am a Sucker For Punishment

So i had a K700i since last August until it was stolen in January (don't ask). I was going to get an S700i until I saw SE announce the K750i which is basically the K700iwith a 2MP camera and memory stick expandibility up to 2GB. Just setting myself up to lose another expensive phone I think, but I see no other phone I wold rather own. (Can't stand Nokias or Motorolas)
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

haha, too good to resist eh? I want a new phone too lol.

P.S.: Congrats on breaking 2000 posts

Comment

Have you taken a look at the Siemens S65 (beautiful), SL65 (stylish and small), M65 (ruggedized S65)? Samsung makes some nice phones, too, though I can't stand their cutesy design.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

az, you forgot to mention SK65 - THIS phone is something... (well...probably because I adore Nokia 5510...which has no descendants :/ )

PS. But probably not for you, Denty - doesn't have a camera
        Last edited by Nowhere; 20 March 2005, 04:48.

Comment

Needs a camera as I am not going to buy a digital camera for now
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

The S65 has a 1 mp camera, if you only want to view these pics on the PC (or for the web, mailing, etc), I think this would be enough for snapshots. Sure, it won't come close to even a cheapo digicam, but I saw one or two shots made with one and they certainly aren't useless like mobile phone cams used to be.

BTW, welcome back

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
              Needs a camera as I am not going to buy a digital camera for now
              There's more to life than megapixels. I'll take a 1MP camera over a 2MP phone-camera any day. Lenses matter.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

az, Siemens' production units in the last year or two have been very bad software-wise, with many documented complaints...considering that they're not cheaper, I don't think they can be a recommended buy. I mean, the S65 has a card slot but no MP3 player software

Wombat, the S700i is as good as a real (1.3MP) camera...it has a Sony CCD and a lot of the innards of Cybershot cameras inside...the K750i is still a CMOS camera, but it does come with autofocus, which should come in handy.
                All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
                  Wombat, the S700i is as good as a real (1.3MP) camera...it has a Sony CCD and a lot of the innards of Cybershot cameras inside...the K750i is still a CMOS camera, but it does come with autofocus, which should come in handy.
                  Meh. I wouldn't say it's that good.

Facebook Gaming lets you livestream your favorite games. If you're beginning to do streaming on Facebook, this guide tells you how to start.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

It doesn't have the noise that plague so many cameraphone pictures...the lighting and color are pretty realistic as well. Of course, it's still not high-res enough to be glossy printout material, but at least it can be viewed on a PC monitor without wincing
                    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                      Meh. I wouldn't say it's that good.

http://www.mobileburn.com/story.jsp?Id=940
                      Shame they didn't include the Sharp 902 in that round up. This has a great 2MP camera with 2x Optical zoom, and the full screen (320x240) SD-VIDEO is fantastic too. A Gig card gives you around 2 hours of decent video - I have a few TV episodes on my phone for train journeys to work

Comment

Working...
                      X