G200PCI and Windows XP driver errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200PCI and Windows XP driver errors?

It''s a bit of an odd combination, but I've got a G200pci sitting in a gigabyte SiS746 mobo running Windows XP-Sp1.
    A weekends SETI testing didn't kill it, but after turning what I thought was the PC equivalent of a Volvo estate over to my parents, they made it freeze up twice. First time they reported the screen when lilac and green after it froze. Second time it froze I was there and although the screen didnt change, Windows reported a video driver error on reboot.

I've decided to upgrade them to my old G400Max anyway, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has encountered driver errors using a G200 and Windows XP?
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

It's more likeley the motherboard chipset drivers. Have you loaded the latest SiS drivers for the mobo?
    G series PCI cards never played nice with SiS chipsets. You may have to disable some features in the mobo BIOS to make it work.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X