Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fix your gmail with Opera Beta 2 and 3 (And Preview 5 & 5.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix your gmail with Opera Beta 2 and 3 (And Preview 5 & 5.1)

If you are using Opera Beta 2 or 3 or Preview 5 or 5.1, there is no need anymore for the "nocheckbrowser" hack.

Open your ua.ini (when Opera isn't running) and add the following:

Code:
    gmail.google.com=4
    This will make gmail think you are using Firefox and send you the correct page.

This is kind of a preview of what Opera will do with pages that discriminate against it in the future if you use the "report a site problem" feature of Opera 8. The list of sites this is done on is updated every time Opera checks for a new version, by default this will be once per week AFAIK.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Thanks for the tip but I couldn't find that file. Where is it supposed to be ?
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

It should be in your profile directory (type opera:about) - if not, create it. The contents of this file on my system:

Code:
      Opera Preferences version 2.0
      ; Do not edit this file while Opera is running
      ; This file is stored in UTF-8 encoding

[Identity]
      www.opera.com=1
      online.wellsfargo.com=4
      AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

[EDIT] Read the post Steve. [/EDIT]

Good plan.

Uberlad
        -------------------------
        8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
        5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Thanks az it worked perfectly
          System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Working...
          X