X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Dualhead

Hey guys,

I had to do a fresh install of my PC with Win98SE :-(
    I installed PD 5.55 and Videotools 1.51 and tried to watch TV on the second monitor, but I only have a green picture. If I drag the "TV-screen" to the 1st monitor, everything works fine. So I thought, wrong combination of Powerdesk and Videotools and tried PD 6.0x and Videotools 1.54, but nothing changed.

In my old configuration (which I can't restore) I could use the second monitor (15", 800x600) as TV output.

Any hints, what I did wrong?

Are you using Dualhead/DVDMax?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hey. The secondary display theoretically (and practically) should be able to display the entire picture, however the drivers/tools are not coded properly to do so, and thus you might find your max video resolution on the secondary monitor is 640x480 or 800x600, before it blanks out or goes green.

Matrox says the card can't handle it, which is foobiddidoo because sometimes after a weird combination of button presses, loading programs, and uttering curses that raise the spirits of Maximum Secondary Monitor Resolutionist.. um, or whatever, then sometimes i can get the entire screen filled with wonderful wonderful TV so it can rot away my mind (which, as is obvious in this post, it has obviously done).

Cheers.

Comment

Thanx guys...

I use my second monitor as extension to the first (expand windows desktop), it is limited to 800x600. I used it before the new installation and everything worked as expected. Not afterwards.

This was before I wrote this post. Yesterday I came back to my computer, switched it on and everything works as usual. Why? I don't know.

But anyway, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X