G400 Marvell TV out quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Marvell TV out quality

Was thinking of picking up this card for its TV-out. Is it the same famous quality of the G400? Also if anyone knows what the capture and convert to mpeg2 abilities are? Capture to mjpeg and convert just like the older RRS or is it better?
    Thanks
    Oh my god MAGNUM!

The output of the Marvel is basically the same as it's DH400 cousin. As far as Mpeg2 conversion I would (And still do) use the Mainconcept or TMPGEnc programs for conversion of the AVI files.

I never did a strict side by side comparison of my G400 Marvel vs my G400 MAX on the tv but I don't recal noticing any great difference.
    Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Originally posted by funky-d-munky
      Was thinking of picking up this card for its TV-out. Is it the same famous quality of the G400? Also if anyone knows what the capture and convert to mpeg2 abilities are? Capture to mjpeg and convert just like the older RRS or is it better?
      Thanks
      Its abilities are SEVERELY limited due to lack of drivers. Buying a Marvel is probably a mistake these days.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I am not seeing any G-400 TV dirvers at the Matrox site. Is this card winXP compatable? Even if the drivers for the capture don't work I may consider it just for the TV-out being that the price is right. As long as I know that a regualr g400 XP driver would work, minus the capture TV functions.
        Does the TV-out allow overscan?
        Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

tv-out on matrox devices in DVD-MAX/Pure-Video mode is always in overscan (as it should be)

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Anyone know if regular g400 XP divers will work? I still can't find any G400-TV drivers at Matrox's site. XP or otherwise.
            Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

There where never any XP drivers for Marvel from Matrox.
              You can find 9x/2000 drivers in the 'older drivers' section.

There are basic display drivers built into XP (no capture abilities), or research the Desktop Video forum...Adis has made a hacked set of drivers available for XP that include capture features.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi funky-d-munky

You can find 2K/XP/2K3 drivers here: http://station.computercor.net/

Adis

Comment

I also had fun getting it working, posted about it on mp3car.com

Comment

Working...
                  X