This is a majorly farked up world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a majorly farked up world

That is all I am allowed to say, also because this is a majorly farked up world.

tell me smoething I dont know already?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Just look at the front page of today's Parade if you need reminding.

Comment

what people earn?

did they happen to include any enlisted soldiers in that?
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Even the SFC who makes $85,000 (which I found amazingly high) makes 1/247th of what some retarded basketball player does.

Comment

that is retardedly high. base pay (for a year) is about $48k (little lower). if you include a housing allowance and maybe proficency pay, he might see that. i would guesstimate average is going to be lower though.
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Try this on for size:

here in Michigan a starting school administrator with NO teaching certificate can get > $110,000/yr, meaning this perxon can't even relive his/her $40k/yr underlings for lunch but can tell them how do to their jobs

This is as much as a US congressman makes and twice the salary of many cops or firefighters with 5-10 years on the force

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 March 2005, 14:08.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

My cousin is a speech therapist/teacher. I believe that crap. This is just another reason the USA is not living up to its potential. The right people are never in charge.

Comment

I'm getting paid $6/hr and have been getting ~20 hours a week every other week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                    Try this on for size:

here in Michigan a starting school administrator with NO teaching certificate can get > $110,000/yr, meaning this perxon can't even relive his/her $40k/yr underlings for lunch but can tell them how do to their jobs

This is as much as a US congressman makes and twice the salary of many cops or firefighters with 5-10 years on the force

Dr. Mordrid
                    I have a hard time believing that. You got any proof?
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                      Even the SFC who makes $85,000 (which I found amazingly high) makes 1/247th of what some retarded basketball player does.
                      85K might be amazingly high in most of the country but in California, that would be average and you would barely be able to afford a 1000-1200sq ft house with 5000sq ft of land. That 1200sq ft house would cost you 500K.

But yes, sports figures make rediculous amounts of money. Who's fault is it though? Is it the marketing machine that brainwashes us? Is it our fault as individuals for putting these people on pedastools(sp?)?
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                        I have a hard time believing that. You got any proof?
                        Much of it may be true (question the authority they have) but it's probably been heavily distorted in its reporting ... but I'll wait for the Doc to explain ...
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                          ... But yes, sports figures make rediculous amounts of money. Who's fault is it though? Is it the marketing machine that brainwashes us? Is it our fault as individuals for putting these people on pedastools(sp?)?
                          Wait until they start coughing up for biotech enhancements.

... and how about the mob mentality against referees and such? Ya gotta love the coliseum sports.
                          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

You know, this doesn't upset as much as the legalized extortion that the credit card companies are allowed to do. Or the nickel and diming that cell phone companies screw us over with.

Have you ever read a cedit card agreement? It basically says that they are allowed to do anything at anytime for any reason.

Comment

Well I don't have a cellphone because of this, and never support pro sports. I carry several cards, and when they pull something I don't like, I transfer the balance out and cancel that card angrily. About the only thing I have to do is buy some of the products whose ads support pro sports, but I stay away from Nike and American beer.

Any society that values a basketball player at 1000 times what normal hardworking people are valued at deserves to be revolutionized.

Comment

Working...
                              X