Dell 20" Widescreen for $599CDN, march12th only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell 20" Widescreen for $599CDN, march12th only

I just found this deal on dells site, it.it looks rahter good for Canadian users, who are looking for a large/cheap LCD

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/topi...HS1&l=en&s=dhs

normally selling for CDN $949, today only (march 12th) for just $599

Viewable Size: 20.1"
    Display Type: Flat Panel Display / Active Matrix TFT - Desktop
    Depth: 9"
    Features: Automatic Setup Adjustment, Kensington Lock Slot, 100 mm VESA Mounting, Height Adjustable Stand Included
    Height: Compressed: 15.3", Extended: 22.4"
    Weight: 17.64 lbs
    Width: 18.6"
    Image Max H-View Angle: ±88°
    Image Max V-View Angle: ±88°
    Color Support: 16.7 Million
    Compliant Standards: 100 mm VESA®, TCO '99; UL 60950, NOM , CE Mark–EN60950, IEC 60950 CCC , TUVGS , NEMKO, GOST, PSB, TUV–S, SASO; FCC Part 15 Class B, CE Mark–EN55022:1998, EN55024:1998, EN61000-3-2:2000, EN61000-3-3:1995 A1(2001), VCCI Class B ITE, MIC, BSMI, ICES–003, C–Tick; ENERGY STAR®, TUV Ergo
    Connectivity Technology: Cable
    Device Type: Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand
    Dimensions (WxDxH) / Weight: 18.6" x 9" x 15.3" to 22.4" / 17.64 lbs
    Enclosure Color: Midnight Gray
    Image Aspect Ratio: 16:10
    Image Brightness: 300 cd/m²
    Image Contrast Ratio: 600:1
    Max Resolution: 1680x1050 Pixels
    Max Sync Rate (V x H): 75 Hz x 83 kHz
    Port(s) Total ( Free ) / Connector Type: VGA / DVI-D / S-video / Composite / 4 x USB 2.0
    Power Consumption Operational: 75 W (maximum), 55 W (typical)
    Diagonal Size / Viewable Size: 20 / 20.1"
    Compatibility: PC
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

ok, I hate Dell, but this is a really good price...

I might just buy one.. or three.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

update...

I bought 2, my business partner bought 1, and I had a customer buy 2 instead of a pair of 19" Samsung 910T's I was going to sell him.

I figure that the model is about to be discontinued. It's only 600:1 contrast. I think Dell is making room for a new model. For that price, who cares!

I'm planning to use one for work and the other as a small tv, it's got component input!

Comment

btw, thanks tjalfe!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
          btw, thanks tjalfe!
          you are welcome.. now if only I had not spend all my spare cash till sometime the end of the year on fixing up the house, I would have been all over it myself

Comment

Just purchased one!
            Thanks Tjalfe
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Haven't got mine yet. Today I bumped into a friend who got one after I told him about the sale. He'd already received his and said it was awesome. Even his fiance, who was kind of skeptical about the whole thing and didn't appreciate me telling him about the sale, had to admit that it was a good buy.

Getting excited...

Comment

I might be getting an even better price...

I have three coming on my order. Two for me, one for my business partner. Wtih tax, the cost came to just over $2000 CDN. I put the first $1000 on one credit card, and the balance on another.

I just checked my credit card statements online and only one of them (the one for $1000) has been billed.

Maybe Dell screwed up and isn't going to bill my other card! That would be nice, but I'm such a moral guy that I might just have to call them to inform them of the error... Let's see if there are any dead pixels first...

Comment

anxiously awaiting mine hopefully should be here today.

now if only I can scrape up a good dvi card. Currently running a g450, I've got a powercolor 7000 laying around, maybe I'll see how it performs
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

well, although the powercolor 7000 bechmarks quicker (not much) according to a few reviews, the g450 anniliates it in my particular application - and the IQ was noticeable worse.
                    Oh well, I guess I'll stick to the g450 till I can afford a p650.

Comment

Never mind. I meant to post in the "Dell to offer 24" WS for $1200 on March 1st" thread.

Originally Posted by me
                      I haven't followed up on this since I posted all the info. Is this deal still being offered? I'll have to check the links when I get a chance. I didn't feel the need to jump on the purchase since it appeared that the price might have continued to drop in the short term.

I'm now thinking of setting up another HTPC with a HD tuner for the wife and this monitor would be used on that system. I already wanted to get a second HD tuner as a backup to mine since the Feds will soon be cracking down on the copy protection circuitry. I’ve got my HTPC tied up a lot of times with dubbing/editing work so it takes away from the wife being able to watch her shows. I also wanted a second tuner for networking record/playback of HD. The time seems ripe to go after this monitor now.
                      Last edited by xortam; 21 March 2005, 16:19. Reason: posted in wrong thread
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

this was a one time deal from dell, as part of their 10 days of savings event.. you may be able to talk the sales dude down in price, if you quote teh deal.... also this was Dell Canada offering it ..

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                          I haven't followed up on this since I posted all the info. Is this deal still being offered? I'll have to check the links when I get a chance. I didn't feel the need to jump on the purchase since it appeared that the price might have continued to drop in the short term.

I'm now thinking of setting up another HTPC with a HD tuner for the wife and this monitor would be used on that system. I already wanted to get a second HD tuner as a backup to mine since the Feds will soon be cracking down on the copy protection circuitry. I’ve got my HTPC tied up a lot of times with dubbing/editing work so it takes away from the wife being able to watch her shows. I also wanted a second tuner for networking record/playback of HD. The time seems ripe to go after this monitor now.
                          The rumor is that this unit is being cleared out for a new model with a better/brighter screen. If you're thinking HT, you might want to wait. But if you're thinking about the cost, then get one of these on their way out.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Oops ... see above edit (bit by the "New Posts" view).
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                              The rumor is that this unit is being cleared out for a new model with a better/brighter screen. If you're thinking HT, you might want to wait. But if you're thinking about the cost, then get one of these on their way out.
                              That was my guess, as stated earlier, but I haven't heard any corroboration. Have you?

Comment

Working...
                              X