P8X Question (for owners)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P8X Question (for owners)

Anyone with a P8X willing to look at it and see if you can find a manufacture date? just curious
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

I'll check this evening but why do you want to know that ?
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

mostly just curiosity. remembered some stuff earlier, kinda curious about it.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I think I know what you're remembering. The board mfr date will only tell you so much. You'd want to see the date code from the IC, and that's under the heatsink.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

yar, i figured. i was hoping though. i'm not about to ask anyone to remove the HSF and clean it up just to satisfy my curiosity. i'm also not about to drop $400 on one just to satisfy the same curiosity. oh well.

Comment

i think i posted some pictures of my P8x core when i got it, will have a dig for them.
            is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
            Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

heres a few low res pics, dont know if the numbers are clear enough:

is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
              X