Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't burn faster than 1x

Hello,

I have a Lite-On LDW-411S DVD burner (either 4x or 8x max write) and I could burn DVD's at either 2x or 4x, depending on the disc. I bought some Fuji's rated at "up to 8x" and they would only burn at 1x. I thought they must be inferior and forgot about it. Just bought some Verbatim's with the same rating and they too will only burn at 1x.

I'm using MovieFactory 3. In the advance setting, I have MAX checked. The only other option available is 1x. This problem may have started when I upgraded to MSP 7.2 (not sure).

Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

Thanks.

Jon

IDE controllers ................. is DMA enabled?
    Lawrence

Comment

Thanks for the reply, LvR. DMA is enabled on my IDE drives. I moved the disc image to one of my ATA serial drives and tried again. Same problem. 1x and MAX are the only choices I get after I put a disc in and before I specify the image to burn. The Verbatim discs are dated 2004.

Jon

Comment

In that case...........

I would go and delete both your IDE controllers in device manager and reboot the machine - Windows should redetect the devices and install the drivers for it - now go check if DMA is enabled - particularly on the writer.................

If you have Nero or anything similar, you should be able to run a disk speed test on the drive with a DVD in it - does your speed results obtained with such an animal tally with the specs of the drive?
        Lawrence

Comment

Have you checked the speed with other burning software (eg Nero) ?
          If with another burning program you get more than x1 then probably it's a MF3 problem, otherwise check if a firmware update is available for your burner.
          mits,
          System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
          model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

I did a firmware update and now I can burn at 2x and 4x. 1x no longer an option. Thanks Mits and LvR.

Comment

Working...
            X