Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia AGP x8: Need to find a good mobo

Hi

I have a 128Mb AGPx8 Parhelia and am looking for a compatible Socket 478 motherboard.

Preferably with an Intel chipset, avoiding onboard graphics. SATA RAID support and upto 4GB memory capacity.

Or help with the situation below.

Thanks very much

This week I built a system on an ASUS P4P800E deluxe board.

To my dismay my 128Mb Parhelia x8 doesn't work in it although on my previous mobo I had it running fine.

On the Matrox tech support forum, I discovered a lot of people with problems using P series cards in ASUS P4****etc boards. These all revolved around the 101h mode logo that flashes up before BIOS loading screens on the ASUS system. The provided BIOS fixes for the Parhelia supplied by Matrox did nothing to solve my issue. An ATI 128Mb x4 card works fine in the ASUS board. Using a PCI card for primary display I booted up to windows with the Parhelia in the AGP slot and was able to install the drivers but trying to enable a display on the Parhelia simply froze the system. ASUS tech offered no help but said that this may be a case of incompatibility. Matrox forum stated that they had no reports of people using this hardware comination successfully. I imagine that people using parhelias on these ASUS boards are using x4 cards that run ok.
Working...
X