e450 does not support YUV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e450 does not support YUV

According to C'T Magazine, who tested the e450 in a lineup of TV/Videocards, the e450 only supports RGB & MPEG formats.

They didn't specifically say anything about it, or test this, it's just in the tech specs list in the article. Other cards like the ATI AIW do list the YUV formats.

So, did the retail version of the e450 finally got castrated like the MarvelG400?

J-kun

Did they use AVI_IO to attempt the YUY2 capture? Ulead? VirtualDUB?

PC-VCR has never supported YUY2, it's hard coded for MPEG-2/RGB only.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

No, they are a commercial magazine - they test the box as it is purchased by consumers. Obviously though they take the specs from the box/manual, and YUV isn't listed there.

As long as the debacle of the Marvel G400 (where you have to use old drivers) isn't repeated I guess it doesn't matter Matrox doesn't advertise YUV support.

J-kun

Comment

YUY2 support has never been advertised.

BTW: I just opened AVI_IO and there it was under Format

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 28 March 2001).]

Comment

Hello,

I think the biggest question is can it do it without a registry hack? Also, can it do full frame captures (704x480 29.97)?

BTW, how can I get one ;-{>

Comment

1. There isn't a reghack for the eTV drivers, and likely won't be one.

2. Yes, if your CPU is fast enough, your drive fast enough, you use HuffYUV and you use the latest version of AVI_IO. Same as before.

3. Can't help you get one, but you can come to Michigan and see mine

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 28 March 2001).]

Comment

Working...
            X