Spoiling the fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiling the fun

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Okay you can bring knifes into school but you can't have a Snowball fight. More likely one or two went astray during the fight and Snow in the UK is now a rare advent. Detention would have done or rather a stiff telling off.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Originally posted by The PIT
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/4317605.stm

Okay you can bring knifes into school but you can't have a Snowball fight. More likely one or two went astray during the fight and Snow in the UK is now a rare advent. Detention would have done or rather a stiff telling off.
    While I believe detention would be better, the article doesn't suggest the children were not able to have a snow fight, just that the location and the targets of said snow fights were inappropriate and causing danger.

The situation is obviously more complex then the short news article indicates, but I am sure there was an appropriate reason for the suspensions.
    80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

I think throwing snowballs at cars is highly stupid and dangerous.
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Over here we tend to agree, especially after a 13-year old was shot dead after hitting a car with a snowball.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
          Over here we tend to agree, especially after a 13-year old was shot dead after hitting a car with a snowball.
          Thought you had no guns in the Netherlands.

Comment

Sorry, missed this one for a while.

Yes, unfortunately we do. Drug dealers, Hells' Angels and some robbers got them. Some bona fide people have them too, licensed and all. It is indeed possible to get a permit here and have the weapon at home, including ammo. It is illegal to have one without getting a license which isn't to hard to get, but there is some screening involved. The killer above was indeed a drug dealer.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
            X