Those bassturds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those bassturds!

Google's Gmail just gave Opera users the shaft! If you log in to Gmail, even with Opera 8 beta which works perfectly with Gmail, you are presented with a stripped down HTML-only version of Gmail:

If you sign in to Gmail using a browser that isn't fully supported, you'll automatically be directed to a basic HTML view of our service. To make sure that you can always access your mail, we’ve developed this basic HTML view that is compatible with almost any browser.

Since your browser isn't fully supported, you might notice that some of your favorite features aren’t available in the current view, including the following:
    Filter creation
    Settings
    Spell checker
    Keyboard shortcuts
    Address auto-complete

For access to all of Gmail’s features, sign in to your account from a fully supported browser, and make sure you have cookies and JavaScript enabled.
    Those bassturds!!!!!!!!

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I've read in the Opera forums that logging in from the following link might help (you can apparently then choose basic html or pimped-out view)

EDIT: log in first, THEN go to this URL. I'll post a button to do that later, if I remember to.

Rest assured come Opera 8 final, gmail will work flawlessly; either because Opera can convince them that this stupid anti-opera policy is gaining them nothing, or because Opera will then spoof certain javascript functions that gmail uses for browser sniffing. just spoofing the user agent is not enough, because gmail does more advanced checks.

If this interests you, http://my.opera.com/forums/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=31

AZ
    Last edited by az; 4 March 2005, 12:52.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Nice, thanks for the link
      System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

EDIT: I unfortunately can't post Opera buttons anymore.

Sasq, if you read this: Can we either get HTML back (only for certain user groups like supers, or mods, or people who are registered longer than a year or something maybe?) or can you tweak the [ url ] so that it doesn't prepend http:// when the address starts with opera:/? This would be really useful.

AZ
        Last edited by az; 4 March 2005, 15:20.

Comment

Get the button from here (scroll down to non troppo's post).

AZ

Comment

Thanks for the link Az! I've avoided using FireFox once again
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X