Battery Free wireless mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Free wireless mouse

Very Interesting! It has some flaws but this looks good for the future when they can implement this in a desk. Hmmm, a mod comes to mind

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

This is like the drawing pads from Wacom. Their mice don't have batteries, but the cost is much more.Especially if you step up to the Intuos 3 where the cheapest is ~$219.00.

dshumake

Comment

Jammrock wants a Wacom Intuous @ 6" x 8"

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Seems like the same technology as the SplashPad. Splashpower is said to release a wireless charger (the SplashPad) for a number of devices:
        BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

First products are expected this year:

(site doesn't work with Opera)
        For charging other devices (mobiles, ...), it would require a small modification to the device itself.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Wireless mouse, wired mousepad.

Now a solar powered mouse otoh, that would be cool.

Totally useless, but cool
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Bah, not what i was thinking.

I was thinking it got the energy from either the heat or movement of your hand. And required no big energy store at all.

e.g. to start it you roll the mouse wheel to get it going, then the movement left or right would charge it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
              Bah, not what i was thinking.

I was thinking it got the energy from either the heat or movement of your hand. And required no big energy store at all.

e.g. to start it you roll the mouse wheel to get it going, then the movement left or right would charge it.
              Might be a tad hard on the wrist, but it could potentially alleiviate the 'mismatched biceps' problem suffered by people who surf pr0n sites...
              Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

There is a solar powered wireless keyboard from Cherry, CyMotion Master Solar, btw The mouse is powered by batteries, though.

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Didn't Compaq once introduced a (prototype) laptop, where the keypresses actually generated power which was fed back to the battery?
                  I seem to remember something in that direction
                  (not that it generated a lot of power though)

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

I wonder why nobody introduces the idea from some wrist-watches, with dynamo powered by rotating (because of your movements) mass...

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                      I wonder why nobody introduces the idea from some wrist-watches, with dynamo powered by rotating (because of your movements) mass...
                      Because a watch can run off a watch battery for 5 years, and a mouse can run off a large set of batteries for only a few hours.

Much higher power consumption.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                        Because a watch can run off a watch battery for 5 years, and a mouse can run off a large set of batteries for only a few hours.

Much higher power consumption.
                        Somehow I'm still not convinced it can't be done

Comment

Somehow I'm still not convinced it can't be done
                          It might be doable, if you had a very small mouse and used a wireless receiver the size of Arecibo Observatory.

Comment

Don't forget that a mouse sees much less movement than a wristwatch, then add to that the above mentioned fact that it consumes more power.

Jörg
                            pixar

Comment

Working...
                            X