IT parts supplier in NYC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT parts supplier in NYC?

I'm heading over to NYC tomorrow and hope to do some shopping on Thursday.

I'd like to bring back some big USB memory sticks and hard drives.

Where to go in NYC (we are actually staying in Stamford until Friday) that is good value and easy to find?

TVM

T.
    FT.

Well there aren't really any big retail stores around here like Fry's. Try J&R downtown (by the Brooklyn Bridge) or maybe CompUSA in midtown around 37th st and 5th ave (check their site for the exact address).

Enjoy your stay in NYC

Comment

You want your relatives to preorder stuff on Newegg for you. Retail USA prices are not as hot as online.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
        You want your relatives to preorder stuff on Newegg for you. Retail USA prices are not as hot as online.
        And when they are good it will depend on rebates.
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Thanks - I'll keep an eye out
          FT.

Comment

And mail-in rebates have finicky conditions about things and forms you need to provide.

See here:
            Rebates often seem like good deals, and they even play an important role in …
            Last edited by UtwigMU; 1 March 2005, 16:03.

Comment

If you see any Seagate/WD ATA100 300GB drives out there, give me a shout!

Have a nice trip matey.
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy

Have a nice trip matey.
                I was in CompUSA on Friday and saw the 400GB on the shelf.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

FatTone,

I tried when I was in the us in Ocober last year and the store prices were very expensive compaired to the on-line stores.
                  I the end I only purchased a memory card for my camera at Walmart.
                  The on-line stores would not accept a uk credit card.

Breezer
                  Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

America was fun, but the retail IT stores in NYC were no cheaper than on-line at home so I decided not to bother, and save myself lots of potential hassle. I was surprised at the prices given our current exchange rate of ~ 1.85$/£.
                    FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy

Have a nice trip matey.
                      Cheers They were there but not at a price you would bother paying!
                      FT.

Comment

Good to hear you had a great time!
                        I'll pop onto ICQ later
                        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                        X