g450 16meg and LCD Wide Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g450 16meg and LCD Wide Screen

Still hanging on to my G450. I have my eye on Dells 2005FPW Wide Screen LCD which runs in WSXGA+ resolution (1680 x 1050) .

It has VGA as well as DVI inputs so I know that's not a problem. My question is, will the G450 and drivers support that 1680 X 1050 resolution? I don't see it in the list of possibilities under Window 2000, but I don't think that proves much.

Anyone running an LCD on this Card care to comment?

just add the resolution with MTSTU, should work fine.

And there's always powerstrip

Comment

If you're going to spend that kind of money on a monitor, get a decent DVI-capable video card to go with it. LCDs look much worse in analog.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm sure you're right about DVI vs. Analog. I've been procrastinating about building a new 64 bit box, and don't want to waste $ on a vid card for the current setup.

The LCD thing is on hold anyway, missed the DELL sale by a day .

Comment

Some G450s have DVI
          Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

Originally posted by G400SG16mb
            Some G450s have DVI
            Yeah, but they can't output a digital signal to drive that large of a screen.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X