• Show
Clear All

• UT2004 patch v3355 released

Download:
    Windows
    Linux
    MacOSX

Release notes 36 KB

Yeah it's bizarre - I was getting down the latest patch last night in anticipation of a bit of LAN fun on saturday, and the all the sites for download had 3339 or whatever, yet downloading from gamespot I think it was gave me the file 3355 - so I guess I was extra-up-to-date unintentionally

Whilst on the subject of UT, I haven't played in a while - what are the best onslaught map packs at the mo? Want to get some maps no-one is that familiar with to even it all up a bit. Ones featuring the new vehicles would be nice too (which pack was it that gave us that? I have it somewhere...)
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
      ...Whilst on the subject of UT, I haven't played in a while - what are the best onslaught map packs at the mo? Want to get some maps no-one is that familiar with to even it all up a bit. Ones featuring the new vehicles would be nice too (which pack was it that gave us that? I have it somewhere...)
      You want the UT2004 ECE Bonus Pack v1.1 for all the new vehicles.
      There are 2 versions of the ECE Bonus Pack. The original 1.0 version requires that the 3339 or 3355 patch be installed afterward.

As for maps that no one may be familiar with, try:
      ONS-Annihilation
      and
      ONS-Ligeia-OmegaReactor
      They've both been out less than a month. (been meaning to put them on the MURC server, when I get time)

Another good map unfamiliar to many is, Beezer's ONS-CataldiPark

Comment

Thanks SF It was the ECE pack I was thinking of. And I'll have an unfair advantage on Beezer's map
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I just did a fresh install and for some reason my ut4mod files will not install. Is this just a borked install on my part or does anyone else have this issue?
          Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 28 February 2005, 09:07.

Comment

Assign the filetype (ut4mod) to setup.exe in your UT2k4 "system" directory. Then try again, should work.

Comment

I tried messing with the association last night and it did not work. I used a UMOD utility to extract the Bonus Pack UMODs into c:\UT2004. No big. It's just weird. I'll mess around with it more tonight.

Comment

useful UT2004 backup tip

Why the reinstall?

Did you know you can copy your UT2004 directory to another location and change/add the registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004]
                "CDKey"="11111-22222-33333-44444"

Then you can use a shortcut to UT2004.exe and it will all work okay.

Sure saves on reinstalling everything. For me that's a lot. My UT2004 folder is 9 GB

I have all my games on a separate partition. This way if any thing happens to my system and I need to reinstall Windows, I just need to fix the registry afterward
                Last edited by SitFlyer; 28 February 2005, 14:01.

Comment

I had uninstalled it for some reason a while ago. For installing anything, I use an image file and Alcohol 120% . It's much better than using the DVD. And while it is installing, I visit here. or some other surfing.

For the key, I just use UT2Kx Regcheck if I need to.

Besides with a machine with the specs in my sig, it's not like it takes too long.

Installing the 3355 patch after installing ECE 1.1 seems to fix it.

Or just use ECE 1.0 .
                  Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 6 March 2005, 10:31.

Comment

Working...
                  X