Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no... I lost my project...

And it is my own stupid fault...

After one of the power blackouts, my Windows started acting up. So I decided to reinstall: back up all my data and so on, format all partitions, and start with a clean system. After I backed everything up, formatted my new partitions and had installed Windows, it suddenly hit me: my Program Files directory!

Yes, Boinc was installed in my Program Files directory, and the Boinc backups were ACE files in that same directory... And guess which directory I didn't back up...

Luckily, the ACE file from my last monster update (Jan 23) is still on my work PC, but all the crunching I've done in the past 2 weeks is gone...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

That sucks

Comment

Man, are we of the lowlands running into bad luck, but you are the Kind of CPDN bad luck dude.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Oh, BTW, when I said 'lost my project', I meant those 4 projects that were running in parallel. Good think I found that previous monster upload file...

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

ouch. Sorry to hear that VJ.
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

In a way, it is my own stupid fault.

But reinstalling my system is necessary due to the last power black out (In Ghent we now have had 10 powerblackouts in 3 weeks, most of them lasting over 1 hour; my street suffered 3 times), so I like to blame the electricity company.

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Working...
            X