Hunter S. Thompson is no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter S. Thompson is no more

Killed himself this weekend...hardly surprising, but still a shame.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Re: Hunter S. Thompson is no more

Originally posted by lecter
    Killed himself this weekend...
    No s*it?!!! Gotta hit the headlines ...
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I have the urge to fire up "Where the Buffalo Roam" today.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Who? Sorry, I don't know the name. What did he do?

Jeff
        -We stop learning when We die, and some
        people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
        Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
        - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
        - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

I was just going to ask that. Seems like its big news, but I never heard of the guy or anything he did.
          Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
          MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
          Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
          Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Fear and loathing in las vegas

Comment

Originally posted by Duty
              Who? Sorry, I don't know the name. What did he do? ...
              Kids!

Gonzo journalist. You may also recognize Hunter S. as the character "Uncle Duke" in the Doonesbury comic strip.

I can tell I've gotten well past the median age around here these days. Seems most folks here aren't even 30 years old. Oh well ... I like MURC because it keeps me in touch with the youth.
              Last edited by xortam; 21 February 2005, 20:09.

Comment

hmm, i thought most of the guys are 30 or older ...

Time for Sasq to make an average age information available ...
                "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

"We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs
                  began to take hold. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of
                  mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full
                  of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers,
                  laughers. Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of
                  raw ether, two dozen amyls.....Not that we needed all that for the trip, but
                  once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as
                  far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There
                  is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a
                  man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten
                  stuff pretty soon. No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor
                  bastard will see them soon enough."

Goodbye Mr. Thompson...

Comment

Working...
                  X