Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars KOTOR II

Hi all,

I've installed Star Wars KOTOR II The Sith Lords on my PC and I can't get it to work.

It seems it does not work with Parhelia. When I start the game I can creat a character, watch the intro movie and when the game is supposed to start I have a black screen with sounds (from the game) and after a few seconds it crashes.

Have anyone elses tried the game ? or heard about the issue ?

I thought it would work because the engine is the same as the first KOTOR and this one worked on Pahrelia.
    I tried both the latest driver and the DX9 driver.

There is a test program that check you hardware and it says I lack an OGL 1.4 driver.

Any idea ?
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Hi,

Kotor had the same problem, there was a way to get it to work, but I don't remember, never played it...
    Just search at the Matrox forum for the solution, it should be there and I think it will work for Kotor II also.

Greetz
    Che
    P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

thats out on PC? when did that happen?
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

DGhost : it's available on PC since last week.

Che Guevara : I played KOTOR 1 on the exact same PC. I had to switch off video and grass effect. I wanted to look on the Matrox board but it's closed for the weekend and you can't even read what's in there
        System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

IIRC you have to disable the ingame movies. And reduce shadows otherwise you sometimes get massive framedrops.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I've already disabled grass, movies and shadows. It still crashes...

Comment

There's post on the Matrox board about the exact same problem. So far noboday has been able to get KOTOR II to work.

Comment

Found this in the LucasArts Forum, I can't try it yet as I'm at work.

We have received reports that the game may be experiencing a conflict with a certain system dll file version which is installed by some DVD software utilities.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if this resolves the loading bar lockup problem after character creation that you are experiencing with Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

Make sure your system is set to view system and hidden files.
                - Open the My Computer window, go to VIEW on the menu bar in Windows 9x (go to the TOOLS option in Windows XP/2000), and select Folder Options.
                - Select the View tab, and click on the option to "Show All Files" in Windows 9x or select the option to "Show hidden files and folders" in Windows XP/2000.
                - Below this option (for Windows XP/2000) remove the check marks next to the "Hide extensions for known file types" option and the "Hide protected operating system files" option so these options are turned off. Click Yes on the Warning dialogue box that appears.
                - Click Apply & OK at the bottom of the Folder Options window.

Next, click the Windows Start button and choose Search > For Files or Folders.
                Click "All Files and Folders" on the left-hand side of the search window.
                In the "All or part of the file name" field, type WNASPI32.DLL and in the "Look in:" field type C:\ (or the correct drive letter that Windows is installed on).

If it displays this file in the Windows\System32 folder, please right click the file and select Properties, and click the version tab and write down the File Version and Description to send to us (techsupp@lucasarts.com) for further research if the following steps correct the loading bar lockup problem you are experiencing. Please include a brief description of the issue as well.

Next, click cancel to close the file properties window and right-click the WNASPI32.DLL file once more and choose rename. Change the file name temporarily to WNASPI32.BAK.

Then try playing the game again to see if the lockup problem no longer occurs.

You may need to search for the file WNASPI32.BAK and rename it back to WNASPI32.DLL after playing the game in order to use the DVD software that installed this file.

We are currently researching this issue to see if another solution is available. I would suggest that you periodically monitor our website regarding this game or contact us again shortly to see if there is any new information regarding this issue.

Thank you.

LucasArts Technical Support

Comment

OK I just tried but I don't have the aspi file in my system32 directory. Only the one in Nero's directory

Comment

Working...
                  X