Matrox announce Odyssey Xpro+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox announce Odyssey Xpro+

Matrox Imaging has announced Matrox Odyssey Xpro+, an enhanced version of the Matrox Odyssey Xpro scalable vision-processor board. Like its predecessor, Odyssey Xpro+ integrates off-the-shelf and custom technologies.

Attached Files

The Matrox Odyssey family offers support for Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Linux. Prices start at $6495.

$6495 ??????

What is this card for?
    ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

No kidding *faints*

here is matrox's site info on it

I'm still not clear as to what it does,
      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
      MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
      Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
      Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

It looks like a 6495$ capture card Funny how it has a G4 CPU built in...
        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

well, it would seem to me that you could do some really, really impressive things with that on the fly...

of course, since it is in their imaging division... it is likely designed with medical tasks in mind.

this reminds me... I was at the radiology ward about a month ago getting a chest X-Ray done... while I was waiting I was reading Radiology Today or something like that (yes, their reading selection was that poor) and saw advertisements for Matrox Imaging products in it.

I am thinking of things like interfacing with things like MRI machines and other high speed real time image producing sensors. The ability to perform transformations on this data in real time is a major plus.
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Looks to me its more likely used for real time video capture and processing, such as from multiple input sources (cameras etc). Perhaps pattern recognition and image analysys from video or enhancement of streaming data from a monitoring/spy satalite.

Comment

never underestimate the demand for a product that can read real time medical imaging and do analysis/transformation on it.
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what its designed for so just speculating. The user programmable FPGA feature is quite interesting.

Comment

a buddy of mine sells these. He puts together high end computers ( some up past 8 CPU's) with such cards and high speed cameras. they are used in manufacturing where they inspect stuff comming on a conveyer belt really fast. According to him, nobody else can match Matrox in this field, so they are still leaders in some areas, just not the ones we are interested in
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

yep, seen some demo'd at a trade show , where IC's were coming past a camera at high speed, being captured and processed by a computer for inventory/QC purposes in real time.
                    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Ahhh, very cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X