been playing for a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been playing for a while...

It's like everquest but free. lots of fun. thought I would share....

Nettsiden Eventide.net er en blogg om lån uten sikkerhet. Vi gir deg de beste artiklene innen forbrukslån. Oppdatert 2021.

If you play look for Tia'ovne on phoenix, its me . I'll get you some good armor if you let me know you are from here . I make it myself...

It was a pay to play like most others but the company went under and a couple of the devs took it over for personal fun. So many people were trying to get on the servers that they opened it back up for the fun of it (no cost). It is now a donation/shareware (no time limit) game. They have a patron/gentry system and some benifits for people that pay. But for the most part it is free and there are 3 servers now. FireOpals is a pure role play server so don't start on it if you do look at the game.

They are still working on it, some of it is not working yet like enchanting stuff and some of the skills but most is there and they ahave been adding zones and plan for more in the near future. Its based on the same engine as NOLF2 so it looks good but not like the new stuff comming out and has a toonish feel to it that is different but has a nice feel to it.

Anyway I've been having fun with it and felt the communities were a lot a like so here I am.

Come play damnit!!!!

Later,
    Jeff
    -We stop learning when We die, and some
    people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
    Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
    - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
    - Remember 3 is the magic number....

noooooooooooooo ... no more MMOG's!!! MMOG's aer EVIL!! boo boo ...

Oh, you mean it's free? I might give it a shot then.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

lol, yep free. It is also nice to be able to chat with the dev's working on it. Scapegoat is the lead Dev and is in the irc, forums and in game a far amount. I spoke with him today in irc.

They are trying to raise money right now for a PvP server. Its cool that the servers are paied for by the comunity donations. I think they are at $431 of the $1500 for the new server.

This is the first MMOG I have played and I am loving it. I already paid for the gentry level account.

---EDIT-----
      there are 3 acount types

1) Free - you just play. There is a max number of ree players allowed per server. Its pretty high except on FireOpals which is 10 free to play people. FireOpals is a pure role play server (little to no out of charactor time). FireOpals ws paid for by comunity donations so it is more open to the pay members then the others.

2) Patron - $5 a month and you by pass the server cap on all servers and have acces to all areas (zones) on the servers in the months you pay. It in in 3 month blocks.

3) Gentry - $50 covers a year of cap by pass and gives lifetime of unrestriced zone access. It also gives you some magic items for free that only the gentry members get. a cloak, ring and sword (they are really nice to my 29th lvl mage is still using the cloak and ring).

The thing that kept me from playing any of the MMOGs out so far was $50-$70 to get the game then $10 a month to play. No way I am paying for a game I can't play unless I pay again monthly. They can kiss my ... Well you know.

Any way give me a yell on Phoenix some time if you give it a try.

Jeff
      Last edited by Duty; 14 February 2005, 19:10.

Member of the COC!

Food for thought...

Comment

mmmmmm, EQ2....
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
          mmmmmm, EQ2....
          [insert sound of cat puking up a hair ball here]

Comment

pssssh. it's totally fine.
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I play late at night so I generally am hanging out with a bunch from europe and a few who say M8 a lot.

Nearly a master tailor now. Soon I will be making uber cool ringmail.

Jeff
              Last edited by Duty; 15 February 2005, 12:53.

Member of the COC!

Food for thought...

Comment

I started this a few days ago. Now up to level 7 and paying off a 15% death penalty, after the party of 4 I temp joined kinda left me in the lurch and I got killed 5 times in a row trying to retreive my characters loot from some Kobold infested mines.

I wouldnt have gotten killed except I went back in to assist one of the others in getting their stuff, but they'd already got it and left the mines and didnt think to tell me.
                Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I am a level 26 Gnome Warlock with tailoring and enchanting now. Oh, you were not talking about WoW.

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I've got a 10th lvl human rogue who's good with a spiked chain and... err... D&D doesn't count as a MMORPG does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                      I've got a 10th lvl human rogue who's good with a spiked chain and... err... D&D doesn't count as a MMORPG does it?
                      Only if you take a vidcap of you rolling the dice and post it online
                      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Got to about level 9, then my character decides to run around in a frickin circle instead of hit anyone (again), I get killed by a pair of kobolds (again), and my loot bag doesnt appear anywhere on the map.

Game now deleted. It might be free, but it's not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                        X