App to create MP3 clips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App to create MP3 clips?

I'm looking for a simple program that my wife can use to take an existing mp3 file, chop it down to 30 seconds or less and convert it to a 64k/22KHz.

I see tons of programs that will convert from CD or WAV to mp3, but what about mp3 to mp3?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Audacity (open source) will do it, albeit using an external lame encoder. Instructions and download link for the lame encoder dll are included on the page.

Download Audacity for free. A free multi-track audio editor and recorder. Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Select the 30ish seconds you want, and click Edit->Trim, then you need to set the 64kbps bit in the file->preferences->File Formats menu, and the 22050KHz at the bottom of the main screen and then choose File->Export as mp3

I would think that most audio programs would do what you want, but also all will convert to uncompressed and then recompress when you save.
    Last edited by Rob(QG); 12 February 2005, 12:23.

Comment

That did it! Thanks!

It works nicely actually. Wife is happy
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
      X