Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox P650 card and ASUS A8V DELUXE- not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox P650 card and ASUS A8V DELUXE- not working?

I recently upgraded my system with AMD 64 3500+, Asus A8V 939, 1 GB memory from Samsung. My Matrox P650 does not work, despite upgrading the BIOS on the Matrox card as well as motherboard. The motherboard comes with VIA chipset and AMI BIOS

It works fine in my older system, on an Abit motherboard and Athlon 2400+.

Does anyone have a solution for this, or do I have to get a new motherboard, like the MSI K8N Neo 2?

When I start the computer with the Matrox card (it works just fine with an ASUS card and an old TNT), I cannot even read BIOS with the Matrox card; it comes out heavily "fragmented" as if broken and scattered. Then suddenly the XP logo starts, clear and "non-fragmented" and then again it simply dies; the screen turns of. I have also tested with different flat screens etc. with both DVI and D-SUB.

I am so fond og the lovely colours diesplayed with the P650 and an Eizo screen, when I work with images, so I wish to keep this combination of course.

Any suggestion or comment would be most welcome!

All the best from Sweden!

Stefan

Have you tried posting in Matrox tech support forum?

There are some files in BIOS folder:
    SystemLogoColorFix.exe
    SystemLogoFix.exe

They were designed to fix compatibility with Asus logo and Parhelia (and Parhelia based cards).

AFAIK card reports itself as SVGA, while motherboard expects VGA.

Try enabling both and see what happens.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 12 February 2005, 15:03.

Comment

Hej Stefan,

I don't know if you got your system working already...

I also got the combination A8V + P650 and my system is running stable and without problems. I guess in your case it's either a BIOS-Problem (make shure you got the latest Asus BIOS, which is version 1009) or your card is defective.

Hope you get it working!

Greetings from Germany,
      Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

No my system is not yet working; it might be as you say, that the card is "disturbed". I am not sure if you mean the motherboard or the graphic card. They both work fine in other system combinations though. I will check in on BIOS again. I might even try the latest Beta version.

I am also happy to hear that you system is up and running.

Thank you for the reply!

All the best!

Stefan

Comment

Hi again,

I'm sorry to hear that you still got the problem. If the components work fine in other systems, it's a really strange thing.

I just can tell, that your combination works fine in my system. Everything worked out of the Box, I didn't have to use any special BIOS settings or the tools mentioned by Utwig. I'm using a (single) digital output though, couldn't test it with an analogue monitor yet.

Greetings,
          Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Yes it is odd, isn´t it, especially when I hear that your system worked out of the box. We installed mine in a Zalman TNN500AF and it is a killer if we have to install a new mobo.

I will meet the ultra geek friends towards the weekend, and see if they can come up with something.

I also add a photo gallery Martin, if you like photos. It is from an exhibition I had, WorldCitizens.

Take care!

stefan

Comment

Hi Stefan,

thank you for the link, your photos are nice indeed.
              Although I'm doing my second (beginner's ) course of the swedish language, I still have to rely on the english translation on your website.

All the best, Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Thank you for appreciation of the photos.

Cool with your Swedish course. It is not very far from German I think; I have some German friends that are doing great concerning the language.

I also got a new Parhelia card, 128 MB for my motherboard, so now my new system is up working. It is really such a great machine, in the Zalman TNN500AF, completely fanless and cool. The only thing you hear is the harddrive.

Good luck with your Swedish! If you pass by here in the North, let us know. You have an e-mail on our site.

All the best!

Stefan

Comment

Working...
                X