X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• programmed video capture

Hello,

Very simple question:
    which software allows me to program a time at which a capture starts and stops?

Then main problem is: I don't have a TV board, but a analog-digital converter (takes analog video, converts it to DV); thus I don't have TV software. So I need to use my VCR as a tuner (no problem, I can program this one also).
    So, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Usualy the built scheduler with the capture card is the go.

You could try windows scheduler, and perhaps some macro tool to get it to run.

Or maybe you can you specify commandline parameters to your capture software, start capture immmediate to file?

Comment

The card doesn't have a built in scheduler, it doesn't even came with software (it is just a hardware analog video to DV converter).

The plus side is that I can use any DV-capture software, but haven't found one that offers scheduled captures...

Jörg
      Last edited by VJ; 11 February 2005, 01:34.
      pixar

Comment

The Windows Media Encoder SDK (!) has a commandline utility...
        So I'll try this.

Thanks,

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

And here are some other ways :

- timers with Windows Media Encoder
          - timer program for VirtualDub
          - VirtualDub variant with built in VCR timer

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

MS scheduled tasks.

Comment

Yes, in the link above is a tutorial on how to use the scheduler in combination with Media Encoder.
              (my problem was that I didn't know which command line parameters could be passed to start/stop a capture, now I have found it for one software)

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X