Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motherboard recommendations with Matrox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard recommendations with Matrox?

Hello,

A lot of people have been asking me for advice about setting up their own home video station. As I like the Marvel G400 a lot, I tell them that is the way to go.

The other day, someone asked me what was the best motherboard for their setup. This really made me ponder. After the hassles of VIA drivers, I would not recommend them. Others report much success with the 440BX. After a lot of research, I could not come up with a definitive set.

What motherboard/CPU combo would you recommend for the Marvel G400? What if someone wants a RAID setup?

Again, thank you

I certainly recommend BX boards whenever practical. The CUBX and P3B-F are good choices and, combined with a PIII/850, are formidable for editing with the Marvel G400. If you can find them.

If you're going Athlon then stick with AMD chipped boards. The VIA's are so inconsistant and are always just one 4-in-1 driver update from disaster.

If using an eTV then you should look for a PIII/1g solution for best results.

As for RAID options I'd use a separate Fasttrak100. Built-in's are asking for trouble and a separate board can be easily upgraded.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 22 March 2001).]

Comment

Working...
    X