Avoid Onboard Sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid Onboard Sound?

I had thought the onboard sound on my Asus A7V133a board was working okay. Not great, as captured sound seemed a little low, but okay.
    However, it is gradually turning to drek. I got new speakers and they sounded pretty good at first, but each time I fire up the machine, the sound goes farther downhill. Now sounds like worse than a $2 AM radio. CD's, which used to sound great, sound horrible. Captured sound is distorted and nearly inaudible. Can't record for a mic at all.

What might cause this degradation? Could the connection cable be bad? Perhaps the onboard sound is just junk. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers which no effect.

Was just using this until I decided what sound card I wanted, but guess I'm going for the Santa Cruz ASAP.

I avoid onboard components whenever possible. Bad, bad, BAD experiences.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

(this is realy going to iritate Dr Mordrid )
      That's why I'm going to get me another SBLIVE!
      To my new NLE system!
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

my sblive works just wonderfully for my editing (of course i capture and export through a dv card so that's perhaps why it is fine)

Comment

I like:

Studio: Echo Gina (but looking at a Layla to replace it)

General putpose: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X