HELP ME to find this audio track.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ME to find this audio track.

Almost a year I hesitated to ask this question and I searched the Internet to find the answer with no luck.
    Someone asked a similar question here and I decided to try to get the help here.

It was in the early years of our marriage, at the 1970’s, with my wife, we liked this song. Sweet nostalgia…
    The problem is that we don’t know the name of the song, the artist’s name, the composer, where to find it, etc.

Under the years it was forgotten, until last year, in January at the European Skating Championships in Germany we heard it again.
    Maria Petrova/Alexei Tikhonov have this song at their program.
    Anyhow I could not identify it somewhere on the basis of their description (Mister X Princess of the Circus)

Please, could somebody help to find it, buy it, download it, get it, borrow it, or steal it?

I could record the song from the TV, but the quality is very, very poor and the record is not completed.
    Maybe somebody recognize it by just listening the .wma file from here:

Fred
    Last edited by Fred H; 31 January 2005, 07:17.
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Problem may be that it is part of a Russian operetta by Kalman, so the version I could find was in Russian.

The song is the Aria of Mr X from the Operetta The Circus Princess (or The Princess of the Circus)

e.g. http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...=firefox-a</a>
    Last edited by Rob(QG); 31 January 2005, 10:41.

Comment

Thanks, Rob.
      The Circus Princess originally was composed by:
      Hungarian composer, Imre Kalman (1882-1953)
      I can Hungarian and I searched via the Hungarian sites, but just that setup I never found on the Internet.
      It is dated something in late 1960' or early 1970's and this one I need (= the copy I attached) and I heard it for the first time just these years. Yes I am soooo old and still like pop.

Fred

Comment

Hello my friends. It was a long ago time I asked this question. And it was a long time ago logged in to the MURC. I am still alive…
        But now I showed the MURC to a friend and found this thread. I also found the answer:
        This is the song
        BTW, after a long pause I am back with the video using my new Nikon D7000 DSLR camera.
        Best regards, my friends,
        //Fred

Comment

Hi!

Nice to see you again. Don't be a sranger
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X