Avoriaz, French Alps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoriaz, French Alps

here are some pictures I took during my skiing holiday there. The day before I arrived temps dropped to the -10C - -20C region, and stayed there. About 1m of snow fell during the first 3 days, and there were loads of avalanches in the alps. Fortunately I didn't get in one (though I saw a mini-avalanche happening just in front of me). The snow was superb and there were great slopes as well as off-piste places. Beautifull scenery, especially the with snow covered trees. Just need to learn to avoid them better, after straining some ribs

nice slopes through the woods
    cool lighting effects
    nice scenery
    more nice scenery
    yes it was cold some days even -20C with strong wind, giving an effective temperature of up to -35C.
    the village at day
    the sun setting into the clouds
    a tad later
    and zoomed in
    some cool lighting effect as seen from a slope in the shadow
    Last edited by dZeus; 30 January 2005, 12:34.

Funky Architecture. Nice pics Wih I could go skiing again, too (have only been once in my life yet, and I think I have permanently damaged my eyes there...).

BTW, if you're photographing in snow, use the camera's "beach" setting or overexpose (turn up +EV) - the sky will lose cloud detail, but the snow will be white

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Re: Avoriaz, French Alps

Originally posted by dZeus

the village at day
      Killer shot!
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
      X