Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closer

Closer

Has anyone seen this movie? It was disturbing, to say the least...it is an amazingly brutal look at the 'normal' relationship of today's world: whimsical, hiding animal lust under pretty intellectualism and very often petty & childish.

I've actually been through a very similar experience with my girlfriend (and currently fiancee) over a 6 month period last year and seeing it together was a pretty shocking experience...we kept looking at each other in the theater and the conclusion was that if you take away the well-crafted excuses, what people do to other people is pretty ****in' filthy sometimes.

Along with "Boys don't cry", this is just one of those movies which makes you lose hope with the human race...
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

And here I was thinking this would be about the album "Closer". Might be appropriate as well though.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Well, I've seen the movie in FF and it was cool seeing Natalie Portman
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

"Fast Forward", as in, a kewl way to see a bad movie, if you must, in 10 minutes?
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I saw it. At normal speed. I liked it. A lot.

I just thought it was amazingly honest. I've spoken to a lot of people who didn't like it because they were expecting a romantic comedy going in.

I spoke to one woman who works for one of my customers, she's a grandmother. She told me that relationships just weren't like that in her day and she had a hard time relating.

Seeing Julia Roberts talk about her c*** and the difference in taste of her husbands s**** versus her boyfriend's is just too much for some people.

My favourite scene was in the strip club with Portman and the doctor guy (I can never remember the actors name). My second favourite scene was when Julia told her husband she was leaving him. My third favourite scene was when Jude Law and the doctor finally have a confrontation at the end.

"BTW, I lied, I did f*** her. I didn't want to tell you but I guess I'm just not that nice a guy."

LOL!
          Last edited by schmosef; 30 January 2005, 07:38.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

For me, trust is the most important part of a relationship. I've found out the hard way that if a girl does something to lose my trust, I just lose all desire to be with her.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
            X