Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody is using an AMD 64?

Anybody is using an AMD 64?

I have a two years old Athlon XP 2600+. It runs perfect, but I can do a change now and I ask if it's better to goes to Intel PIV Prescott at 3.0 MGHz or goes to AMD Athlon 64 3000 (at 2.1 MGHz, more or less) ?
    I use a lot MediaStudio 7.2, Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 and Adobe DVD Encore and I want to reduce MPG render time.

Now is good time to do the change or it's better to wait few weeks more and jump to a Athlon 64 at 3500+ or similar (new CPUs are incoming)?

Thanks.

Intel’s 64-bit Pentium 4 + 64-bit Windows XP

Intel’s Pentium 4 Processors EM64T Lineup Available for Sale

64-Bit Windows Ready for April
    According to reports, Microsoft’s 64-bit edition of Windows XP may finally be ready for a retail release on April 24. The operating system, which has been in extended beta testing, will be re…

Comment

O.K.
      Thanks Adis.
      I take this words:

"with or without enough drivers xp64 performs significantly better with graphic apps that do a lot of rendering. that's where I bought this for. all the rest is a bonus to me. I use good "old" xp normal for all the rest of apps. of course it would be very nice to have all drivers and software applications available, but hey, isnt that a price to pay for being somewhat avantgarde ?"

Comment

You would buy a cheap intel clone of the amd64?

You have a decent upgrade path and better performance with AMD64 in 64bit land

Comment

Working...
        X