Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Parheliaâ„¢ APVe

Hi guys,

Havent been on here for ages, thought Id say hello and ask a few questions, when is the APVe coming out and is it going to be aimed at the gaming market, any significant changes that anyone is aware of in regard to performance?

How much faster is the Parhelia 8X to the 4X the difference in clock speeds?

Thanks

There is a thread on this already I think.

I think the P8X is 20% faster than the P4X at respective default speeds.

The APVe is not aimes at the gaming market, and the general concencus is that it will be slower than a P8X as some features that were done in hardware in parhelia are now done in software.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
      The APVe is not aimes at the gaming market, and the general concencus is that it will be slower than a P8X as some features that were done in hardware in parhelia are now done in software.
      Can someone tell me about these features done on hardware in the AGP edition and software in the PCIe edition?

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
        I keep saying it, yet nobody wants to listen.

There will be nothing faster than a P8x any time soon.
        Just more stripped-down rehashed P and P-LX variants with specialized features enabled for niche markets.
        They don't care about consumer cards any more, there will be no great new chip. Any new chip for LH will only barely meet the DX requirements, and will make no attempt to compete for Joe Public's buiz.
        Is what i'm assuming the APVe is.

Comment

Working...
        X