Opera Question (az???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera Question (az???)

Is there a way to prevent the transfer window from popping up every time you start a new download?

Its really just a small thing, but I needed to download several pdf's from the same page, and I had to go back to the page window after every download, because the transfer window always popped up.

Using 8.0 beta

In the transfer window, click view, uncheck "show transfers when starting download". To access your transfers now, you can either hit ctrl+alt+t, select it from the "Tools" menu, use the transfers panel (ctrl+7), or use <a href="opera:/button/Manage,%22transfers%22,,,%22Panel%20transfers%22"> this button</a> (Drag the link to your toolbar of choice. If you have problems dragging, try dragging vertically first, otherwise Opera will select the text. Or just click the button, you'll find it in Customize Toolbars (right click any toolbar) -> Buttons and Fields -> My Buttons. EDIT: The last method is currently broken in Opera Beta.)

Hope this helps.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

I was wondering about that as well, cheers AZ.

Love the right clicking to validate with w3c as well, apparently it exists with 'another' browser but as a plugin.

Comment

(you can also press ctrl+alt+v or use these buttons to validate <a href="opera:/button/Go%20To%20Page,%22http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=%25u%22,,,%22Select%20user%20mode%22">HT ML</a> and <a href="opera:/button/Go%20To%20Page,%22http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=%25u&warning=1&profile=css2%22,,,%22 Select%20user%20mode%22">CSS</a>.)

More custom buttons at http://nontroppo.org/wiki/CustomButtons.

(BTW, you can of course set keyboard shortcuts and mouse gestures for all things you can do in Opera in preferences -> Mouse & Keyboard)

AZ

Comment

That page is amazing, cheers az

Open in IE and Firefox is useful for checking.

Comment

Another question for you, az:

In the new betas, the windows all have their own close (X) button on the tab's. However, I have not found a way to minimize single windows, the only option is to minimize all.

Got any idea how to do it?

Comment

GestureDown,Left

Or, in Preferences -> Windows, select "Advanced Opera Workspace" to switch back to the old behaviour (without Xes, with MDI buttons in the upper right corner, with single-click on tabs minimizing).

Or drag <a href="opera:/button/Minimize%20page,,,,%20Caption%20Minimize">this button</a> to a toolbar of your choice.

Or just hit "4".

Or you could edit the context menu for tabs in the ini files.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  GestureDown,Left

Or just hit "4".
                  I'll stick to one of those, thanks a lot

Comment

Any way to prevent the popup 'Do you want to start at the homepage or...' from showing each time i start?
                    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I think in the lower left corner of that box you can tell it not to show again at startup. Under Preferences there should be an option too.

It does show up again, however, after one of the (for me) rare occasions when opera crashes.

Comment

Topha hit the nail on the head.

Preferences -> Start and Exit -> disable "Show start-up dialog"

AZ

Comment

yup, but it keeps on showing
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Then there is a problem with your Opera not shutting down properly, I think. There's no quick help I could give here, except looking if this is really the case (Is Opera still displayed in task manager 30 seconds after closing it?), and if yes, suggest a uninstall-reinstall.

AZ

Comment

How are we doing on the next build?

Comment

Working...
                              X