Good 19in LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good 19in LCD

Any suggestions for a good 19in LCD with DVI and a sub 20ms response rate for under $400 bucks?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I believe that the Dell 2001FP is currently on offer with Dell - bit bigger than you want, but hey, that's not a problem is it? Possibly still > than 400 bucks though, but it's 16ms and 1600x1200
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

'Good', '19 inch LCD', 'sub 20ms response' for under $400 is an oxymoron.
      Of course I design stuff for LCDs at work, so I'm probably much pickier than normal.
      There are some 19" monitors under 400, but they're generic/no-name brands or crap like low end Acer or Dell units that are D-Sub input only.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
        I believe that the Dell 2001FP is currently on offer with Dell - bit bigger than you want, but hey, that's not a problem is it? Possibly still > than 400 bucks though, but it's 16ms and 1600x1200
        Well My old man is cheap and I aleady have one
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

My philosophy...... You get what you pay for...as long as you know what you're buying

rylan is correct......Viewsonic rules (JMO)......
          Don't know anything about them, but, BENQ makes a display that falls within your specification
          Last edited by SitFlyer; 23 January 2005, 20:34.

Comment

Why such a need for a 19in display?
            17, 18 & 19 inch dispalys are all the same native resolution.

Comment

Samsungs LCD's are traditionally very nice. I've got a 19" Samsung 191T and it's very nice. Of course ... it would be better if I could get DVI working (though I think it's a cable issue ...).
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

IMO BENQ makes crap. They're trying to turn their rep around, and they spent a crapload of money at CES... but as far as I'm concerned its just sugar coated crap now.

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer
                  Why such a need for a 19in display?
                  17, 18 & 19 inch dispalys are all the same native resolution.
                  Not in my experience. The 17's are often 1024x768.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Have you looked at the Philips LCD screens ?

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
                      'Good', '19 inch LCD', 'sub 20ms response' for under $400 is an oxymoron.
                      Of course I design stuff for LCDs at work, so I'm probably much pickier than normal.
                      There are some 19" monitors under 400, but they're generic/no-name brands or crap like low end Acer or Dell units that are D-Sub input only.
                      So who, in your opinion, makes good panels / LCD Monitors now?
                      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

EIZO

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I think the native res on a 17" is 1280x1024...

Comment

Samsung 193P might be cheap now. It is quite good.

Remember To get one with 3yr warranty and onsite swapout which is what viewsonic and iiyama do.

Comment

LG in general makes good monitors, especially on their higher end. Same with some of the better Samsung ones. Usually the low end units from any manuracturer use older glass technology or some other way to keep it cheap.
                              EIZO monitors in my opinion or horribly overpriced for what you get. The new LG1980U looks pretty sweet (buttonless OSD control intherface through windows), but I don't think its available in the US yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X