Another Sleepness Night and No Weather warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Sleepness Night and No Weather warning

Good old Met office. Last night we got hit by the possible strongest gale since the Sheffield Gale in 62. Winds peaking at 83 mph at 2.30 in the morning.

Luckily and surprisingly not much damage.
    The last time we had half n hour of winds gusting up to 81 it blew off ridge tiles and tiles off peoples houses. Last night the winds lasted longer.

Fun watching the neighbours roof ripple with the wind and surprisingly the tiles all dropped back down place. The view courtesy of a bright moon.

So far this month we've had seven days with gusts over 60 mph which is a rare event.

This morning the Met office issued a warning and of course by that time the winds were peaking at 40 mph not the predicted 75 mph. Useless gits.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Had the highest number of hits on my website as well. Looks like a few had a sleep problem as well.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Where abouts are you? Just a light breeze here...

Comment

It was rather windy in Leeds
          Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandJoe
            Where abouts are you? Just a light breeze here...
            Sheffield S Yorks.

Good night sleep last night 55 mph gusts are really quiet you know.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

hey, looks like i wasn't alone ...

wind peaks were around 120 km/h during the night here in southern Germany.
              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
              X