No announcement yet.

here we go again,the cat 5.1's are out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here we go again,the cat 5.1's are out!

Issues Resolved in CATALYSTâ„¢ Display Driver Version 5.1
    The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of CATALYSTâ„¢. These include:

Men of Valor: Buffering issues are no longer noticed when playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEONâ„¢ 8500 or 9100 series installed
    Myst URU Ages Beyond Myst: Attempting to turn 180 degrees and head towards the barbed wire fence displayed within the game no longer results in the system failing to respond. This issue is known to occur under Windows XP with an ATI RADEONâ„¢ X800 XT Platinum Edition installed.
    Richard Burns Rally: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEONâ„¢ 8500/9100/9200 series installed no longer results in the trees flickering
    Sid Meier's Pirates: Enabling Anti-aliasing no longer results in video flicker being noticed when starting the game
    Playing an mpeg using the media player found in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 no longer results in the ATI VPU Recovery failing if it is disabled and then re-enabled
    Connecting a TV and a monitor to an ATI RADEONâ„¢ X800 series and having the TV set as the primary display device no longer results in the Video Mode remaining checked when switching to a resolution which is not supported
    Intermittent desktop corruption is no longer noticed when enabling or disabling a secondary display device
    Dragging or resizing the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 window no longer results in a VPU recovery when playing video on an HDTV
    Running Maya under Windows XP with an ATI RADEONâ„¢ X800 series installed no longer results in display corruption being noticed when moving the mouse
    Attempting to add a custom timing specification such as; 960x724 for the HDTV device properties page, no longer results in the custom timing not being added to the HDTV resolution menu list.
    An error message is no longer displayed when attempting to switch a secondary display device back to the primary display device when using the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER
    Installing the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER under the Windows XP operating system (French version) now results in the localized French version being installed
    The text now changes and provides the correct information when changing the slider position for CATALYSTâ„¢ AI
    The Restore Factory Default option is now working for all sub-aspects found in the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER 3D tab

What I like is that CCC now supports the lower cards, problem now is that CCC doesn't run on machines that have two ATI cards installed.

Comment

Rage3D are seeing a lot of install and other problems reported.

I'm steering clear for now.
      FT.

Comment

just sold my ati card so no 40mb download for me
        Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

my 9500pro died and i joined the dark side and got myself a MSI 6600gt since i think i will be using linux more often from now on and getting tired of the huge d/l of ati drivers.. nvidia's is roughly half of ati's.

still interested to see how the newer ati linux drivers supporting X.org is doing? anyone tried them yet?
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Funny how many people swap sides believing the grass is greener. The only advantage Nvidea have got is much better linux drivers.

If you've got Suse don't use the drivers as they're shite.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I never install the CCC , the basic one does the job.

The latest linux ATI drivers are pretty good, finaly got support for 6.8. They fix issues with ET and utk4 and just seem to work better.

I have tried them on mdk 10.1 and they work very well.

On suse 9.2 they work quite well apart from changing the fglrx config file from XF86Config to xorg.conf and changing "keyboard" to "kbd" in the same file.

2.6.10 kernels do need a pacth to work tho.

Performance is ok'ish, in that department NV stomps them.

Comment

For a quite a few Suse 9.2 users it's killed X quite well.
                I suggest you don't use them
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I´m very new here, i´v been using MATROX for four+ years since 98. Now i´m with ATI (Radeon 9700@9700PRO+) and i´m very pleased. CAT´s are getting better and i´m plyable. I still use my G400MAX with my second, and i pleased. I hope, i never go with NVidea, really!!.

Comment

Back up and running without the crappy ATI drivers. Hopefully it's stay working.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                    X