Fuji repaired it, now for a comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuji repaired it, now for a comparison

You may remember my Fuji F401Z went all psychedelic on me and went back to Fuji for repair. They wanted £100 (I refused) and this prompted me to ask about dye-sub printers to go with Easyshare cameras.

I got the Kodak CX7530, and paired it with their EasyShare Printer Dock Plus. I have to say I have been very pleased with the 6"x4" printouts.

Whilst wondering what I could do with a dead F401 I browsed and came across a note on Fuji's Singaporean web site saying my symptoms were due to a known fault and the camera should be repaired f.oc., and they were even offering a refund to those who had already paid. As you can imagine I got straight back on to Fuji UK who said 'Oh, I don't know why we wouldn't have picked that up...'

Anyway, this morning I got the camera back again, repaired foc So I now own two fully functioning compact digital cameras.

Which is which?:

pic a
    pic b

Remember the Fuji cost £350 over 2 years ago and the Kodak cost £153 a few weeks ago.

edit: both pictures taken on max res/quality (not that the Kodak has a quality setting) and fully automatic.
    Last edited by Fat Tone; 14 January 2005, 06:15.
    FT.

Pic A is the older camera?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Pic A:

Camera Make: Finepix 401
      Camera Model: FinePix F401
      Shooting time: 02.01.2002 01:51:46
      Aperture: F/2.8
      F-Number: F/2.8
      Shutter speed: 1/512 sec
      Exposure time: 1/500 sec
      ISO Speed: ISO 200
      White Balance: Custom
      Exposure Bias: 0 step
      Focal Length: 5.70 mm
      Metering mode: Pattern
      Exp. Program: Normal
      Flash: not fired (Auto)

Pic B:

Camera Make: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
      Camera Model: KODAK CX7530 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
      Shooting time: 14.01.2005 12:22:56
      Aperture: F/2.7
      F-Number: F/2.7
      Shutter speed: 1/256 sec
      Exposure time: 1/250 sec
      White Balance: Custom
      Exposure Bias: 0 step
      Focal Length: 5.60 mm
      Metering mode: Pattern
      Exp. Program: Normal
      Flash: not fired

"Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

What, couldn't you tell by looking? It is interesting to see the different approcahes the two cameras took to the same shot just a few seconds apart.

Now if only I could get the quality of the Kodak in the size of the Fuji, I'd be a very happy man
        FT.

Comment

Get a Sony

I don't like Sony as a company, and I have always looked down on their cameras as "gadgets", not picture taking devices, but recently my sister visited and brought along a Sony 5mp 3x zoom cam (in beautiful red). I am stunned by its picture quality, ease of use, Autofocus, looks...

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Hey, I've already got two digital cameras at home, and an A2 in my drawer at work...

Anyways, I'm pleased with the quality of the Kodak. The sharing options are a nicety, and you can use it as a portable photo album without using up your memory card. They've clearly thought about how people use their cameras.
            FT.

Comment

Working...
            X