Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Fiesta Next Generation

here are more pics: http://www.stern.de/sport-motor/auto...112%26nv%3Drss

it's called Synus and is indeed based on the Fiesta. Here's an article about (german language) :http://www.stern.de/sport-motor/auto...=535112&nv=rss
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

An flat screen TV as rear window?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It's not Fiesta, it's based on the Fiesta platform. It's bulletproof etc. blah blah, and they say the chances for production are very big.

Personally, I think it's just really ugly.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

here an english text

Clearly not the sexiest concept car at 2005 NAIAS, the Ford SYNUS seems more military vehicle/bank vault/bomb shelter than around-town runabout. Ford must have had a collective head cold when they came up with the name for this one; officially, though, the SYNUS gets its name from being the synthesis of an urban sanctuary, and it does contain some interesting details for living in the "rough and tumble of life in the big city" of the future.

Smaller than a Focus and based on the architecture of the European-market Ford Fiesta, the SYNUS looks like an armored Honda Element and has horizontal gun slots for rear side windows. There is no rear window. Combination locks open the doors, and a vault-like spinner grants access through the back of the interior hideout.

As unwelcoming as the exterior looks, the interior is filled with "warm" touches for the vehicle's passengers, including comfy shapes and colors and front seats that can be adapted to face rearward, designed to encourage conversation with rear seat passengers.

A gigantic LCD screen that nearly fills the interior side of the tailgate is a prominent feature inside. Conceived uses include Internet surfing and surveilling what's going on outside of the vehicle. When in motion, the screen effectively serves as the vehicle's rear window.

The concept is powered by the 2.0-liter, 134 hp, 236 lb-ft diesel four-cylinder from the European Mondeo.
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Its just an exerise by Ford to see what type reaction the North American market would have to a B class vechicle. A Focus is considered "small" to most Americans, since we like to drive around in big ole SUVs
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

what an FUGLY car
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

you said it

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                what an FUGLY car
                True, but it's just fugly enough to sell.

BTW this is nowhere near as fugly as the pontiac Aztec
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I've always wanted a vehicle that has gun slots for rear windows.

NOT!

- Steve

Comment

Fo some odd reason, I actually like it. I think it is the silver color. If it was a different color, it would probably look worse.

Dave
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Funny, I thought the particular color they chose looks like the cheap silver plastic every other consumer electronics device seems to be made of recently.

And BTW, I think it looks a lot worse than that Pontiac (which looks like a Fiat, IMHO - probably the small wheels)

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                      X