Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canopus ADVC100: playback

Hello,

Perhaps a strange question, but can the Canopus ADVC100 be used to provide a limited video out function?
    A bit like the DVD max feature of Matrox cards: if a video (from dvd or file) is played back, can it be shown on e.g. a TV display using the ADVC100?

I suspect DVIO could be used here...
    If this is possible, does it require special software for playback, or will it always work regardless of the program used?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

The ADVC-100 will only play back DV format video files so its really nothing like Matrox DVDmax feature which can output most any video format played back via video overlay in windows.

Works quite well with Media Studio Pro "instant preview" or other video editing apps that outptut DV over Firewire. Vegas Video 3 has a icon button to choose output to the computer video window or output to DV camera, ADVC-100 works great with this.

--wally.

Comment

Originally posted by wkulecz
      The ADVC-100 will only play back DV format video files so its really nothing like Matrox DVDmax feature which can output most any video format played back via video overlay in windows.
      Ok, thanks!
      (that means still fidling with cables when I need video output)

Works quite well with Media Studio Pro "instant preview" or other video editing apps that outptut DV over Firewire. Vegas Video 3 has a icon button to choose output to the computer video window or output to DV camera, ADVC-100 works great with this.
      Thanks!
      I have asked about this device before, always doubting whether or not I should buy it (not sure if I *need* it), but now I think I'll finally go for it.

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Oh, just one more thing...
        DV files (recorded via the ADVC100) can be outputted to its output when played back. Does this always work, or does it depend on the software? Is there 'simple' playback software that can do it?

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

I have no difficulty using it for both capture and playback with MediaStudio Pro. I use a TV monitor as my third screen during and after editing to check for the effects and framing. I've also recorded VHS tapes on odd occasions with it.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
          X