Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avid and Audio Problems - Please Read

Hi everyone,

Anyone who is having audio problems with avid Cinema and the Marvel (No audio during playback), please put in your email address in this thread if you are interested in trying a patch.

Avid has found the problem and would like to have a few people to test it out.

Thanks,

Haig

I have audio but it is only half level.
    I'll give it a try.

Comment

Does this also cover problems with Avid not recording audio in the first place?

I posted this problem here (it's near the bottom), and saw tons of people at Avid's BBS complaining about the same thing. I've got an MX-300, all audio works otherwise, and I was sure to check all the options in Avid as "Line In".

Comment

Hi Slugbait,

Yes, that is also the problem.

Again, Avid needs people to try out a patch. If you want to try it out, please leave your email address on this thread and I will send it off to them tomorrow afternoon.

Haig

------------------
        All statements are purely my own opinion and in no way reflect on the views of my employer.

Comment

I have audio problems with Avid Cinema and Matorx marvel. The VU meters don't work and I cannot record from music CD or any other audio besides what is already on the video tapes that I import.
          Matrox Marvel G200 TV AGP

Comment

Let's try this again.

I need your email addresses. Please post it on this thread or else no one will get the patch to try out.

Thanks,

Haig

------------------
            All statements are purely my own opinion and in no way reflect on the views of my employer.

Comment

I have just received the Avid software but will certainly try the patch if it will help accumulate information about it.

jwillafo@iname.com

Comment

I'd sure like to give this a try. I can't capture audio with my video either. Keep thinking I'm doing something wrong, but I have checked everything many times...it just doesn't seem to like me!

rogerch@home.com

Comment

Haig:
                  Please send me a copy of the Avid patch.
                  Thanks

rgriffit@sgi.net

RoyGPA
                  Matrox Marvel G200 TV AGP

Comment

Hi guys,

thanks for your feedback. Your email addresses have been forwarded to avid.

Haig

------------------

Comment

Dear Haig:

I don't think I helped myself by offering to help test the patch for Avid. I have been using Ulead but I installed Avid in order to contribute. Before I applied the patch I wanted to see what I had with Avid as delivered. My only attempt at editing crashed.

Bottom line: I have restored my system to original software config but have no audio from PC-Remote when in the TV mode. Audio from files is fine as is audio from line input. I have verified the signal in by connecting the cable to other devices and audio is present there. It's like something did a number on the Brakout box and I can't recover. Obviously this has nothing directly to do with the patch but I will appreciated any hints or clues as to what I've done to myself and how to recover. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Jeff,

It might be a Quicktime association problem with the audio. Depending on what version of QT you have, goto the QT control panel/audio and make sure it's on "Audio driver" and not "Quicktime".

Or

goto the "Sound Out" section and make sure it's on direct sound.

Other than that, run our quick connect, reconfigure the TV Tuner and save it.

Haig

Comment

Haig:
                          I checked the quicktime settings and they look ok. QuickConnect does not have any sound for TV Tuner and I did not see anything for reconfiguration.

Added Note: After being powered off for several hours the sound in the tv mode worked until I rebooted the system. Still searching.

Comment

To Haig,
                            Please include me on the list to try the
                            Avid Patch.
                            Thanks,
                            ellieb@centuryinter.net

Comment

I am having the same problem, could you direct me to the patch.

Many thanks,
                              Robin.

I am using a Celeron 300a 64 Mb RAM and Soundblaster 64 AWE. It seemed to work until i load all the SoundBlaster utilities.

Comment

Working...
                              X