Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining Digital Video and Digital Imaging. (something even more different from me.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining Digital Video and Digital Imaging. (something even more different from me.)

NOTICE: THIS IS AN OLD THREAD. CHECK OUT THE LATEST HAPPENING FROM THE LAST POSTS.

everyone remember (and real photographers still have) those good old slide projectors that you could pick up anytime and guests would starting to say "honey, I think we should really start leaving now..", right?

well, I did something like that, but added music and syncronized the music to slides.

you get a AVI file. It's xvid (2 pass) encoded full PAL (720x576@25fps) and quite high bitrate to keep image quality high. pictures are from last summer lapland trip. (friday evening - tuesday morning, 3 bus connections, 1 train and total of 37 hours in two different locations. approx. 3500 km (800 in train, rest in bus.) with just in "streched" weekend.

enjoy.

EDIT: modified to reflect file locations... look for new link from below...
    Last edited by Nappe1; 22 February 2006, 08:46.
    "Dippadai"

umm... did anyone watched this?

I had to remove the files from server due disk quota.
    "Dippadai"

Comment

I saw the thread, but didn't have time to watch it, sorry...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Somehow (I don't know why) I didn't see the thread.

How much MB is it?

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

as I have now solved the quotta, I'll re-upload it.

it's pretty hefty file, but hopefully worth of it. (no one who has seen it after downloading has complained so far.)

AVI file is ~132 MB.

Upload was suprisingly quick this time...
          anyways, download all the rar files and extract them:

I have also made another similar show from old cars I photographed... but because there has been more scenery shots from me, I'll start with this one.

and comments are welcome of course. eventually, when I have enough these clips, I'll master them as DVD-Video with menu selections. (that's why I also have HuffYUV compressed AVIs stored in 800x600 res.)

EDIT: updated to include the download information...
          Last edited by Nappe1; 10 February 2005, 19:00.
          "Dippadai"

Comment

I'll post this to make thread update emails to be sent...

(I didn't thought that just editing message does not dispatch email...)

so, take a look of post above this one about download information.

and yes, feedback is welcome.
            "Dippadai"

Comment

sooo...
              anyone watched this one?
              "Dippadai"

Comment

Yes - I downloaded it and watched it. Interesting concept. Not sure I like it though - when looking at pictures I like to go at my own pace - slow for some, quick for others... and can quite happily start winamp up if I want music...

Well done for having a bash at something other than the usual "here's some pics" though!
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

132 Mb.....

Comment

Bringing this up...
                    As said in one post, clips like the one mentioned in previous posts, made eventually as DVD which I posted as christmas present for relatives and few friends across the europe.

If ppl are interested, I can arrange torrent or download of ISO image file available.

As a new development, I mastered my first HD resolution version of new photograph video (as it's called now. ). It's 1280x720@25 fps and stereo music with compressed xvid (2pass HDTV profile with maximum bitrate.) In photographs HD really helps to preserve details. (as most you know, I like taking panoramas and nature pictures which get greatly enchanned from High Definition.)

Too bad that "cheap" HD medium (HD-DVD or BluRay) mastering tools are at least 2 to 3 years ahead. I need quite few DVD+R discs to preserve all material as lossless compressed version waiting.
                    "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
                    X