Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Mini Mac

Looks pretty interesting....

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Hmmm, could be fun to play around with
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Looks cool. Although having a smaller PC doesn't really buy me any space.

Comment

Very cool still. If I had the money, I'd buy one just because apples are purrty.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

But what do you do with it? I'd only get a Mac if I were doing graphics or audio, and somehow I don't think that's a very graphics and audio editing savvy computer.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

You buy it for your wife as a present since she only browses the web, checks email and listens to music. Then, when nobody is around you tinker with it and overclock it and make it look prettier and....MWAHAHAHA!
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I think it would be hard to make it look prettier.

But I'd like to have an OS X box. A *nix box with professional applications? I'd love it.

Windows is for games these days.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You buy it to go with that nice new iPod pregnancy tes... err... shuffle.

Actually I'm thinking of getting one to use as a media centre of sorts. Having a central place for access to photos and music (since I use iPhoto and iTunes heavily) that the rest of the family can get to on their own would be nice.
                “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Do they indicate the melting temperature ???

I mean the cube had so many heat issues, this one is even smaller so it's very likely to melt down

The good point though is that it's a Mac you won't see...
                  System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

I see the fan vents on the back.

The cube was fanless, I think.

Plus, the aluminum case has to help some, assuming they used the exposed metal wisely.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

A random quote from Gizmodo:

"The Mac mini is 2 x 7 inches. Your car stereo is 2 x 6.5 inches. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
                      - Matt Myers, System Administrator
                      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

probably going to buy one of these when they come out. good shit.
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Easier to keep it patched than a windows box I would think.
                          MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Originally posted by William
                            Easier to keep it patched than a windows box I would think.
                            How do you figure?
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Nice things like having services OFF by default help keep it more secure.

Comment

Working...
                              X