CS Source: Hackers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Source: Hackers?

Just curious what the state of cheating/hacking is on this game.

I played twice now, after a long absence from the original CS. I never was a fragmeister, and now I'm rusty to boot. However, I was kinda put out by the level of "competition". I'll jump through a doorway, and someone will take me out with a single shot to the head while I'm in midair...

I really do believe that there are people who are just amazing without cheating... I've played against some. But... when you round after round are taken down in some similar manner with by a player with 20+ kills to one or two deaths...

Just curious if it's my imagination, or if there is some issue with aimbots or wall hacks etc... With all the isseus that existed in the olden days, and all the effort put into defeating hacks, I would think that that would have been a priority with this new release as well...

Thanks,
    CEM
    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

There are so many cheats for source that its incredible. The main problem is that VAC is not activated for Source. So no anticheat protection. It will come later according to valve, but still.. Check out the VAC thread at forums at www.steampowered.com

JD
    Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

yeah, insightful!
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

There are some cheaters, but it's not as bad as it was a few years ago.

Part of what you're seeing is that the hitboxes are different. Headshots are much more common. The weapons all feel slightly different, but once you get used to them again, you'll get your share of headshots, too.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

One trick I learned long ago was to start low when firing, say mid chest. then as you fired the recoil would walk the curser into the shoulder/head area. Got fairy proficient in this.

I don't feel that is serving me so well in this version, however...

CEM
          System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

The recoil seems a bit stronger now, you're probably jumping straight over your target. Go find an empty server, and practice shooting the wall - the decals should tell you how your aim is.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I still think the hit box needs a fair bit of work...

Comment

Yeah they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                  The recoil seems a bit stronger now, you're probably jumping straight over your target. Go find an empty server, and practice shooting the wall - the decals should tell you how your aim is.
                  You could practice on The MURC HL2-TDM Server. It's always seems to be empty

Comment

Actually, he couldn't. The weapons are not the same at all.

Comment

Ok...

Not to harp, but...

I'm playing and either something is wacked in the game, or I just really do suck...

Me: unload a clip into the torso at close range with the Ak or the M16 looking jobber, and then die as the other player keeps on trucking.

Me: Jump through a door way and get shot twice (not to the head, mind you) from same said weapons and fall to the floor...

Happens pretty regularly with many different opponents. Doubt everyone is cheating...

sigh...

Comment

Well, keep hitting the ~ after you die or after a round, and see how many times you hit them, or they hit you.

Even at close range, the AK kicks WAY up. I unloaded half a clip into a guy's torso at 4 feet away once, and I only hit him once. Luckily, it was a headshot.

Comment

And if you're using x-fire, I'm dancingwombat

Comment

Also, make sure your connection to the server is not having any major packetloss (from you to the server). Your shots might be getting lost on their way to the server and not registering. I think the console command to bring up netgraph is
                            <B>cl_netgraph 3</B>
                            This will put up a few crucial details on your screen of your connection status (packets in and out), frames per second and what not. Hopefully you can rule out a bad uplink to the server as the reason why your not hitting anything.
                            Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                            MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                            Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                            Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Turn off smoothing. cl_smooth 0. Has to be done every time you start, or changed in your configs.

Comment

Working...
                              X