New System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New System

Heres the new PC I should be getting in this Tuesday if I dont miss the fedex guy

Kingston HyperX KHX3200A/512 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Memory w/Heat Spreader Retail x2

Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB Serial ATA 10,000RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer

Coolermaster STC-T01 CM Stacker Aluminum Full Tower Case (Silver)

Coolermaster ALC-U01 Aquagate Liquid Cooling System Retail

Coolermaster STF-B01-E1 CM Stacker Cross Flow Fan Retail

Coolermaster STB-3T4-E1 4-in-3 Device Module Retail

LG GDR-8162BK 16X IDE DVD-ROM (Black)

NEC ND-3500A 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Bare Drive

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce 4 SLI Athlon 64(FX) Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor Socket 939

Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI

Thermaltake W0020 Purepower Butterfly 480W w/Silver Housing Retail

You might ask why I got an SLI board with an ATI video card...well for what I would be spending on a 2x6600GT SLI set up I wouldnt have seen all that much of an improvement for the same amount of cash with a Single x800 card. Plus having a SLI board will hopefully let me use ATI tech they are working on when it comes to SLI motherboards. From what I've read they are working on the abititly to use two different cores in SLI mode. The other thing I might do is "borrow" the X800XT I have in work if I can't get my X800 Pro to clock to XT speeds
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

MOst impressive.

I must ask:

Why only 512MB ram? Some games even UT2004 will use more.
    Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 9 January 2005, 08:24.

Comment

it says x2 so I suppose he'll get 2 modules of 512 each

Comment

Re: New System

Originally posted by GT98

You might ask why I got an SLI board with an ATI video card...well for what I would be spending on a 2x6600GT SLI set up I wouldnt have seen all that much of an improvement for the same amount of cash with a Single x800 card. Plus having a SLI board will hopefully let me use ATI tech they are working on when it comes to SLI motherboards. From what I've read they are working on the abititly to use two different cores in SLI mode. The other thing I might do is "borrow" the X800XT I have in work if I can't get my X800 Pro to clock to XT speeds
        And what was wrong with a 6800GT with the possibility of adding another later for SLI ?

Comment

Re: Re: New System

Originally posted by Admiral
          And what was wrong with a 6800GT with the possibility of adding another later for SLI ?
          Not a big fan of Nivida

Comment

Be certain to pick up the 0.09µm Athlon 64

edited for µ
            Last edited by Topha; 10 January 2005, 03:13.

Comment

The right symbol is right next to the m

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Topha
                Be certain to pick up the 90mm Athlon 64

(I know its not mm, but I didnt want to find the right symbol )
                Yep I paid extra for the .09 core 3500+

Comment

Originally posted by Topha
                  Be certain to pick up the 90mm Athlon 64

(I know its not mm, but I didnt want to find the right symbol )
                  Yeah, Az got ya. It's 90 nanometers, or 0.090 micrometers (mu-m).
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Better?

Comment

Interested in a GeForce 6600 GT SLI setup but don't want to spend full retail for the motherboard and graphics cards? Gigabyte's 3D1 graphics card fuses two GeForce 6600 GT cards and 256MB of GDDR3 memory running at 560MHz onto one card! But that's not all, also included is a high-end nForce4 SLI motherboard with support for up to 8 Serial ATA hard drives and RAID 5, 802.11g WiFi capability, IEEE-1394b and 10 USB ports. The price for all this? Gigabyte expects boards to retail for $550
                      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

180 x 2 = 360
                        sli mobo = 200
                        560 = save ten dollars and need a special bios only 4 sata2 ports not that great a deal imho
                        DFI NFIIUltra 400
                        756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
                        Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
                        Windows XP pro
                        msn messenger id: gchisel
                        Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

Damn I hate/love Fedex....reason I ordered my system thursday was that I figured that they wouldnt get it out till Friday, which they did and I figured that I get it Tuesday afternoon. I just checkd the tracking this morning and its out on the truck already! The bad thing is that I have to work my second job this evening so I wont be able to put the damn thing together tonight

Comment

God this has to be the worse Pc build I've ever had. I started putting the system together this morning and found out two major problems....the idiots at Zipzoomfly sent me a AGP X800 Pro! and then I discovered that I need a BTX/eATX power supply for my motherboard, where as I have an ATX power supply with only 20Pins on it instead of the 24 I needed. I went to the local Compu-ripuoff to see if I could get an adapter, but said **** it and got a new Power supply which inturn cased more heart ache, which evenutlly turned into a good thing since I now I have a 600 Watt PS for the same price as a 500W job. The other nice thing is that the power connects are removible so you only need to put in what you need and not have extra pigtails all over the place.

Well after my power supply situation was solved I said, hell might as well go into work today (took the day off) and "borrow" my X800XT I have in my work PC, which is the only other PCIe video card that I can get my hands on. I get into work and pull it and then notice another issue...it has 6 pin plug on it...not the typical molex connector on it! I do some digging around on the net and I strike gold....you can use a cut down ATX PS connector rewired to power the card! I find my burnt out PS in my office and hack off ends I need off it to bring home with me. Hopefully this will be the last of the fight I'll have with this stupid build !

Comment

Working...
                            X