Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Weather warning

90 MPH winds on the way for us.

So far winds less than this morning. Just see my web site and click live link to see if they get it right.

My prediction it won't happen.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

21MPH. Thankfully it looks like nothing. Just remeber no kite flying.

Comment

The only thing flying around here this morning is my mother and my neighbour who believe it's windy.

Strange as yesterday morning it was worse and they weren't too bothered.

Ever since the storm in the se in 87 the met office have always "overblown the warnings" I wish they wouldn't.

Yes okay issue a warning but also keep in contact with the people on the ground such as myself so they know whats really happening.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well they do the same in Norway, the forcast predicts 10 meter waves on average. And even suggests that childern should be kept away from beaches and exposed areas.

Jesus I wish i was back home, and could take the Zodiac for a spin in those waves. Anyone tried wave jumping w a Zodiac? It's superfun. Just as a precaution, wear a survival suit and jump with the wind, not against it.. And the most important, dont expect anyone to come to your rescue, you are on your own.

JD

Update: waves have been upgraded to 14 meters average, and 25 meters peak.

Hmm.. perhaps even a bit too big for me,
        14 meters, that is pretty big.

Update 2: Flooding, uptill 2 meters above normal sealevel is expected. Poor danes.. They are going to be worse off than we are.
        Last edited by James_D; 8 January 2005, 03:35.
        Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

Well, we survived, mostly.

Had some powerouting, a lot of broken trees etc.

4 people got killed (falling trees dont stop for no car roof), thats not much, considering the entire country was hit by this hurricane.

Some flooding, about 1000 people got evacuated, but most thought it to be quite cozy, meeting your neighbours in the comunity hall and all.

Overall, not much damage.
          Then again, we all live in brick houses, it takes more than a hurricane.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

All we got was a sh**load of snow with a 1" coating of ice and a huge ice dam in front of our very wide driveway, kindly given to us by the city snowplow

Good thing we have one of those biga$$ snowblowers that can handle chopping through that kind of crap.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
            X