How's this for Irony....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this for Irony....

So this college student writes an article about seat belt laws, and how they infringe on our rights, and not enough lives are saved to justify the costs the government spends on seat belt programs...
    (written sept17, 04)

The same student was then killed in an accident, where he was ejected from the car because he was not wearing his belt...

Maybe his spirit feels differently about the issue now...

Buckle up!
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

I like it

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It's so sad it's amusing...

Comment

And if I want to be the jerk that flirts with death and rides around with my seat belt off, I should be able to do that, too. - Derek Kieper
        Posted 09/20/2004
        Well Derek, when you fly through the windshield, make sure my insurance rates don't rise to cover your "freedom".

Andris Dellinger
        Public Works
        Peru, Illinois

Sad isnt as well... and the above guy's words came out true, reminds me of Richard Cook's quote - this justs proves that the universe is still winning
        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Dumbass....

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

"He was a bright young boy, a 4.0," Paul Kieper said."
            Aparently not bright enough or else he would have worn his seatbealt
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

One less for the Gene pool.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                Aparently not bright enough or else he would have worn his seatbealt
                My dad used to rail on and on about "those damned college-educated idiots", basically referring to the huge gulf between booklearning and having the common sense God gave a gopher.

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, I have been driving for quite some time now and not once did I put my seat belt on (only when there are cops around ) but now that I have kids, I will make it a law and must set a standard that they will follow in the future.

I had three accidents and survived, I know however it's that one time that I will regret it which is why I wear it now for my kids sake not mine.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                    My dad used to rail on and on about "those damned college-educated idiots", basically referring to the huge gulf between booklearning and having the common sense God gave a gopher.

Dr. Mordrid
                    funny, I've heard a lot of people in the military say the exact same damn thing :P
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                    X